Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    No the CFW is flashed like a normal firmware in the flash. Only games and applications are stored on the harddrive.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpanther View Post
    Has anyone that updated checked to see if the console could be downgraded back to 3.55? or lower?
    Neither the normal update or via Recovery will allow you to "downgrade" any version. Recovery will however allow you to re-flash the current version again. So once you hit 3.56 you can't go back without using a Jig/Service mode/Downgrader method.
    Last edited by gtxboyracer; 01-26-2011 at 11:08 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Does the jig/Service mode/Downgrade method still work or did they disable it (I assume its pretty much the same as a jailbreak device where they can disable those with an update)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Actually - probably not since they disabled that payload exploit in 3.41 - so its probably best to stay clear of 3.56 until they have made a cfw of it and its been tested well :-/

Registered User Dragonball98312's Avatar
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    bye bye hulu, it was fun while it lasted.

Arrow

We are adding IRC updates on 3.56 findings to the first post vs in replies here to keep track of what's been discovered thus far.

um am I missing something or did they just try to add new keys in a firmware update which they know we can decrypt using old keys they know we have?

Isn't the whole point now that the root keys have been found this kind of update wont work because every firmware update has to be encrypted with the keys which came before it.

Banned User

Thumbs Down

Quote Originally Posted by Chivafighter View Post
    Now will Sony really ban people who are on a legit 3.56 Firmware but running a nes emulator? I think no haha. But i yet to have updated, i'll do it soon though to test out the apps.
    $ony WONT BAN ANYONE as they cant. Its illegal for them to do it. As you don't open the console there is no proof its been customized enforcing the ban.

If they do ban any console, take them to court. In the meantime just replace the HDD and reflash OFW and there is no proof at all that any kind of CFW was ever installed so how can they legally ban any console?

Now will everyone shut up about the $ony banning consoles as it will never happen.

Well I think $ony is just trying to cover their ass with this tiny little useless update.

Um hate to disagree but you have no legal right to PSN access, Sony don't actually have to prove anything before or after removing it.

Banned User
    $ony have never banned any PS2 or PSP so why will they start bannings? Micro$oft can as you have to open the Xbox360 console to mod it. There is physical proof its tampered with. The PS3 is modded without opening it.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybarryk View Post
    Um hate to disagree but you have no legal right to PSN access, Sony don't actually have to prove anything before or after removing it
    What has that to do with banning consoles??

If they do ban any consoles there will be a lot of lawsuits and they know it. They are already starting stupid lawsuits that they will loose, thats why they wont ban consoles as they will again lose those cases too.
    Last edited by Jes03; 01-26-2011 at 11:47 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News