Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What theme is being used in this video? It looks pretty sweet.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    A couple of points to ponder: A firmware update must be compatible with lots of existing firmware versions. In the event a PS3 owner is not connected via DSL/cable and has lots of download bandwidth, the only upgrade route is via a released game or demo disc. There will always be a delay in user uptake as only the most recent discs will contain the latest firmware. Even the latest 3.56FW needs to be able to upgrade 1.0FW for this reason alone. This backwards compatibility will always give hackers a starting point.

All of the games I play do not need PSN access. So I lose nothing from my gaming experience by not having PSN access. It can be a little frustrating when I get asked 2 or 3 times to connect to PSN in order to check for updates but that's as far as my annoyance reaches. PSN has never been the most reliable service in my experience, so complaining that it has gone or may be withdrawn on a user by user basis is a waste of time and effort.

Come on everyone, enjoy your PS3 and what it provides rather than dissing Sony.
    Last edited by blueclouduk; 01-27-2011 at 08:02 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    It's the FLOWER Dynamic theme And to the rest. WHY does noone read?

-> Recovery seems to be there, but i am not able to get it succesfully in recovery menu. Don't know what i am doing wrong but i just don't get it. (might also be me that is pushing the wrong button )

-> i tried to downgrade with a Jaibreak stick... no luck there.

What games require PSN access, I assume that they are only online games. I think it would be pain to use CFW if you could only intermittently play the games you paid for because you spend all your time playing the firmware one up with Sony.

I think we're focusing on the wrong approach here. Isn't it time to attack this from a different angle? I assume the reason for hacking this is for PSN access, but wouldn't it be easier to figure out how PSN check if you have the latest firmware and fake that part on 3.55 instead?

I know for games we can edit the eboot, there must be an ID or signature that PSN checks to allow you on, so if we can find that on 3.56, then re-integrate that into 3.55, it would be a lot easier than soldering 10+ wires for a NAND flasher. I'm still on 3.41 as I don't care for PSN, as long as there are modded eboots then I'm happy, but this is just throwing an idea out there.

Banned User
    That's what I said yesterday. The PSP has PSN LOVER and the PS3 needs it too. PSN LOVER will let just about any PSP CFW get on PSN. Yea, a PS3 CFW is the way to do but not all devs will be working on that, there should be 1 trying to make a PSN LOVER for PS3.

This is probably a retarded question, but couldn't the 3.55 CFW be made to look like it's 3.56? That way we can switch from the 3.55 CFW to 3.55 OFW to the 3.56 (but really 3.55) CFW?

I know it doesn't help anyone that upgraded, but wouldn't it work for the rest of us?

Quote Originally Posted by swatpup32 View Post
    What games require PSN access, I assume that they are only online games. I think it would be pain to use CFW if you could only intermittently play the games you paid for because you spend all your time playing the firmware one up with Sony.
    Socom confrontation is a online only game I have 1 to play online and 2 others with cfw to play my hacked games. And of course I have my new brick.

I am stuck in factory/service mode on 3.56 -- how do i get out?

Take a hammer to your PS3! That's the only way I know to open the door! Sorry, I had to do it!

Sponsored Links

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News