Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Firmware 3.50 Update Disables Third-Party USB Adapters

Sponsored Links
    A few days ago the PS3 Firmware 3.50 update was released, and since then many users have reported that their PlayStation 3 controller third-party USB adapters no longer function.

To quote from VG247.com (linked above): "According to a [Register or Login to view links] posted by Sony on September 21, the same day the newest firmware update went live:

"SCEA does not support continued functionality of counterfeit or unlicensed controllers in system software updates and these devices may cease to function in the future because of system software updates.

SCE and its affiliated companies disclaim all liability for any loss or damage suffered by you or any third party through the use of counterfeit or unlicensed products."

There's been no official response from Sony just yet, but we'll send a mail and see if it's working on the issue or if it has a response."

PS3 Firmware 3.50 Update Disables Third-Party USB Adapters

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    wait till jailbreak comes to 3.50 then we can enable it back...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sony lost it's moral or it's principles. Sony = Tyrants! Is just a company looking for money and money alone.

We should stop buying $ony products or raging up the piracy over this company.

Again, just like Other OS, is it legal to do ?

Quote Originally Posted by wandiana View Post
    wait till jailbreak comes to 3.50 then we can enable it back...
    HAHAHAHAHA! Oh that made me laugh. Pew Pew! Seeing as how this disables 3rd party "usb" controllers, what about about 3rd party "usb dongles?" Do those get disabled as well? Let the cat and mouse games begin, at most I believe us end users forfeit a few hours worth of online in order to play catch up and outsmart with Sony now.

Yup I would have thought they would have done this on 3.42 but hey only one behind. What amazes me is that they are willing to just say a big FU to companies that make a cheaper product. Isnt that what competition is all about?

Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    Yup I would have thought they would have done this on 3.42 but hey only one behind. What amazes me is that they are willing to just say a big FU to companies that make a cheaper product. Isnt that what competition is all about?
    my madcat stuff is working... so it's mostly fakes which if you think isnt cool... then I guess i'm on the wrong site xl.x

Hmmm... I sense yet another lawsuit against Sony. These greedy bastards never cease to amaze.

Does this include iPods? I use my iPod as a HD an play movies/shows off it. Or do they mean just anything that could potentially hack the PS3?

Quote Originally Posted by apennismightier View Post
    Does this include iPods? I use my iPod as a HD an play movies/shows off it. Or do they mean just anything that could potentially hack the PS3?
    I say its just the gray market products that can potentially load hack codes. It will be pretty stupid of Sony to disable "regular" USB devices since they even have an option to upgrade via USB.

Did they break Buzz dongles? I'm still on 3.41 but this seems like a very bold move by Sony.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News