Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PS3 Firmware 3.50 is Released, Includes Blu-ray 3D Disc Playback

Sony's Network Operations Americas VP Eric Lempel has announced that PS3 Firmware 3.50 is released, and as expected it includes Blu-ray 3D disc playback.

Download: PS3 Firmware 3.50 Update (US) / PS3 Firmware 3.50 Update (EU)

To quote: Additional new features in the 3.50 update include:

-Facebook Integration: Developers will be able to create PS3 games that have more interaction with Facebook. Once compatible PS3 titles are available, PS3 users can choose to access public information on Facebook - including user name, profile, uploaded photos and friends list - to enhance their gameplay experience.

-Grief Reporting Function: Users can send claim reports directly from the XMB for any inappropriate messages they receive from other PlayStation Network users. This feature is accessible from the option menu of the messages list in the FRIENDS category.

For more details and instructions on how to update the system software for the PS3 system, please visit http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Features/SystemUpdate.

As always, we look forward to your feedback.

PS3 Firmware 3.50 is Released, Includes Blu-ray 3D Disc Playback

More PlayStation 3 News...

well the one upside i see currently is that if your jailbreak is currently unusable because youve updated to 3.42 (as i foolishly did) you might as well update to 3.5 and have the added 3d support when a new jailbreak comes out they'll no doubt cover 3.5 as well as 3.42.

If it doesn't allow 3d on non 3d tvs it doesnt matter to me.

I guess it would be too much to hope that Sony forgot the JB patch in this one?

This is one update I will miss (I have an awesome 3D tv WAITING for this xD). Btw, where's the psn update? I want my Enslaved demo.

i care not for 3d would be funny if the jailbreak just happens to work on this one.

I just bought my PS3 last Thursday, a new slim 160GB model that came with 3.40 (just in time to apply JB )

Did anyone confirmed that JB works with previous FW? Do you guys recommend me to update (from USB) to 3.41?

I'm still need a clone JB or Teensy board... Thank you!

3D

I'm trying to get the 3d disc on my ps3... so help me out someone

Quote Originally Posted by mmanolos View Post
    I just bought my PS3 last Thursday, a new slim 160GB model that came with 3.40 (just in time to apply JB )

Did anyone confirmed that JB works with previous FW? Do you guys recommend me to update (from USB) to 3.41?

I'm still need a clone JB or Teensy board... Thank you!
    Update to 3.41, but check the MD5SUM of the file before flashing to make sure it's not 3.42. I read somewhere that the 3.41 files on Sony's server are actually 3.42, so you'll have to download it from somewhere else (such as this site).

Quote Originally Posted by Transient View Post
    Update to 3.41, but check the MD5SUM of the file before flashing to make sure it's not 3.42. I read somewhere that the 3.41 files on Sony's server are actually 3.42, so you'll have to download it from somewhere else (such as this site).
    Really? This is so funny. Its like they get to dictate what you put on the machine at all. Lots of people allow you to have access to older firmware or drivers but it they are doing that it's just sad.

Here's to hoping the scene was waiting for 3.50 and 3d movie playback before releasing a new version of the hack.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast