Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Just run PS3 Media Server (Java app) on your computer with the videos and it will transcode MKV automatically to full quality PS3 playable format. Just copy the movie that shows up in the XMB under Video->PS3 Media Server to your internal HD (e.g. 3 mins over WIFI) and you are good to play back at full quality and full framerate.

Simples.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Why buy a standalone mediaplayer if you already have a device that would be capable of doing exactly the same (except due to lack of codec support).

Also, have you actually seen the 3D of the 50's-80's compared to the 3D from now? that's a lot of difference IMHO.. ofcourse IMHO it's only fun for a few movies, not everything.. I can't say anything about gaming as the only real 3D gaming I have ever done is using HMD's with headtracking and even on a low resolution as 640x480 it is a whole different (positive) experience as playing the same game at a 2D flatscreen with 1920x1080 resolution, I'm already wetting myself even thinking about 1280x720 (or higher resolutions) for HMD's..
    Quote Originally Posted by lemmyin View Post
    Just run PS3 Media Server (Java app) on your computer with the videos and it will transcode MKV automatically to full quality PS3 playable format. Just copy the movie that shows up in the XMB under Video->PS3 Media Server to your internal HD (e.g. 3 mins over WIFI) and you are good to play back at full quality and full framerate.
    uhh.. it all depends on your computer.. My computer has problems transcoding (or recoding when subtitles are involved) with 720p and 1080p is a major pain in the but except when no transcoding is necessary.. If PS3 had better codec support (and better dnla subtitle support), transcoding wouldn't be necessary.. Why can a simple $50 mediaplayer play anything but our expensive PS3 can only play a few without transcoding.. Sony also puts the PS3 as a mediaplayer into the market, but as a mediaplayer it just stinks compared to a $50 version.. But I don't want a lot of devices connected to my TV when one would be able to handle it all (and the PS3 is able to handle it)..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by brzzzl View Post
    They would get me instantly, if they released a FW with MKV support ... but 3D - naaaah!
    Yeah and how about PAL support of region free DVD and Blu-rays.

Quote Originally Posted by chaostic View Post
    3D is only good in theaters. I'm regretting my 55" 3D TV purchase. Would rather have bought another 60" LCD and used the rest of the cash for other goodies...
    I have read users get headaches from watching it for even short periods of time, just like the old school 3d. Also the effect just isn't that great.

Its ridiculous. What maybe 1% of HDTV users are now 3DHDTVs? I only have had a HDTV for a little over a year and now they expect everyone to go 3D. It has just gotten to where most of my tv channels are in HD and Comcast only has one 3D channel and it has whatever on it when someone wants to use it. I rather have new features or a real reason to update. I wish i never updated past 3.15 to still have OtherOS. Oh well but still ill stay on 3.41 until either a CFW or a homebrew app to allow install on newer OFW.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseHammer View Post
    Its ridiculous. What maybe 1% of HDTV users are now 3DHDTVs? I only have had a HDTV for a little over a year and now they expect everyone to go 3D. It has just gotten to where most of my tv channels are in HD and Comcast only has one 3D channel and it has whatever on it when someone wants to use it. I rather have new features or a real reason to update. I wish i never updated past 3.15 to still have OtherOS. Oh well but still ill stay on 3.41 until either a CFW or a homebrew app to allow install on newer OFW.
    Yea and since when does Sony EVER cater to 1% of the market?? LOL. As already mentioned in this thread for them to push up the date of another firmware release is nothing more than spying/jailbreak removing functions.

Sony is so greedy, that they would disable their own service center tools than give a couple thousand pirates the ability to play a few backup games... and games we wouldn't have purchased in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoff View Post
    Sony is so greedy, that they would disable their own service center tools than give a couple thousand pirates the ability to play a few backup games... and games we wouldn't have purchased in the first place.
    How much for an eighth of the good stuff you are smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by tifozi1 View Post
    How much for an eighth of the good stuff you are smoking?
    Hmmm, my sarcasm detector must not be working correctly, or you know something we all don't.

I updated the first post again, it appears the other new "features" coming in 3.50 are the following:
    Facebook connectivity will increase and will allow users (at least from what we can gather from the translation) to post what game they're playing on the social networking site.

Moreover, you can now report messages from the XMB which will be a much-welcomed feature for those of you who recieved spam over PSN.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Moreover, you can now report messages from the XMB which will be a much-welcomed feature for those of you who recieved spam over PSN.
    He he - no PSN - no spam - no need to update

And - I can update my wall on my own:"JB-ed PS3 ... Playing xyz ... " (Not that I actually USE FB but ... I can if I would)

Also - does this antispam feature include also recently announced "advertising" via PSN messages?

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News