Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    They would get me instantly, if they released a FW with MKV support ... but 3D - naaaah!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by brzzzl View Post
    They would get me instantly, if they released a FW with MKV support ... but 3D - naaaah!
    Convert your *.mkv files with 3r1c's VOB converter into *.mpg and let it splitt you in 1/2/4 GB files (for FAT32) and copy it to your PS3.

So you can enjoy your downloaded movies in 1080p.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    CFW FTW. I will get a PC BD drive then rip the whole thing to HDD just like the backup manager does Homebrew > 3D

Quote Originally Posted by oVERSoLDiER View Post
    Convert your *.mkv files with 3r1c's VOB converter into *.mpg and let it splitt you in 1/2/4 GB files (for FAT32) and copy it to your PS3.

I know, but video conversion is a pain in the a** ;o)

Quote Originally Posted by oVERSoLDiER View Post

Why to split? You can eaither stream it from your PC / NAS or use FTP to transfer file of ANY size to internal PS3 hard drive. Also - there is plenty media server applications which convert and streem MKVs to PS3 on the fly

I don't have an Jailbreak yet, so I do it the other way with an external drive formatted in FAT32. It's not so inconvenient like it sounds.

Like it to watch HD on an 50" TV.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    Why to split? You can eaither stream it from your PC / NAS or use FTP to transfer file of ANY size to internal PS3 hard drive. Also - there is plenty media server applications which convert and streem MKVs to PS3 on the fly
    I've never liked streaming, Especially if your PS3 is hooked up wirelessly and you're trying to stream a 1080p video. It sits on buffering for the longest time.

I've always just converted it using Mediacoder or WinMenc. But the most annoying part is having to split the files afterward because of the fat32 file limitation on USB drives the ps3 accepts.

I'm wondering if you can now FTP full size movies on the Ps3 to play them. That would be great.

when it comes to mkv's why not just buy a stand alone media player, like oplay or wdtv live. those things are so cheap. along with a external hard drive. takes up less space than a ps3. back on topic... i don't think 3D is gonna last very long... it failed in the 80's and 90's... it will fail again.

Quote Originally Posted by rokic86 View Post
    It seems that FW 3.42 was indeed issued just to fix the PSJailbreak exploit.
    Did you have any doubts?

3D is only good in theaters. I'm regretting my 55" 3D TV purchase. Would rather have bought another 60" LCD and used the rest of the cash for other goodies...

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News