Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

PS3 Firmware 3.40 Video Uploader and Hidden Features Detailed

With today's PS3 Firmware 3.40 Update came some documented features from Sony as well as some things not so noticable, including limitations on the PlayStation 3 Video Edit and Uploader application and some hidden PS3 system software update features.

According to Examiner.com (linked above), with Sony's PS3 Video Editor & Uploader you can't edit or upload content added to the system prior to the 3.40 Firmware update, you can't use copyrighted videos, and the application (which requires 44MB of PS3 HDD space) places a time limit of ten minutes on each video that is edited.

Moving on to the PS3 Firmware 3.40 hidden features, Jes03 noted HERE the following, to quote:

"One feature not said about is the new photo albums. You can upload/download to Facebook and even view Facebook albums on the PS3."

Forum user chrykel also reports that SKFU's recent PS3 Exploit Loader has been plugged, however, f455tty reports that it is still working so we are awaiting further feedback on it.

Other PlayStation 3 Firmware 3.40 hidden features include the following courtesy of http://www.ironstarmovement.com/profiles/blogs/ps3-firmware-340-hidden, http://www.thegameraccess.com/news/ps3/hidden-ps3-fw-340-features, http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/06/29/firmware-3-40s-hidden-features/, and http://www.gamerzines.com/ps3/news/sony-fixes-apocalyps3-bug.html (in no particular order):

• Under 'Accessory Settings' there is now an option to calibrate the PlayStation Move sensors dubbed 'Calibrate Motion Controller' present.
    • Under 'Display Settings' an option for Deep Color Output (HDMI) is now available for TV sets that support the feature.
    • The PSN Store A-Z section now contains section categories including add-Ons, demos, PSP games, etc.
    • Those who subscribe to PlayStation Plus (PSN+) appear on Friends Lists with a gold 'plus' icon on gamercards and next to the mini avatars.
    • Under 'Friends' the PS3 Trophies are now integrated with gamercards, and will display the PS3 Trophy levels next to your PlayStation Network ID box when users hover over them. Trophies earned in the trial games are saved on your XMB Trophy Collection but not on your Online ID so only you can view them.
    • Friends box colors now fade in, versus changing from grey directly.
    • Under 'Friends List' if you select a Friend followed by 'Message List' the PSN ID icon card now shows up in the upper right corner.
    • Although unconfirmed as a 3.40 feature, you can Trim the edges of photos while keeping the original copy prior to Editing.
    • PlayStation Plus items including 'Automatic Download' now appear in the System Settings menu, allowing users to set a period of two hours to allow PS3 patches and updates to be downloaded.
    • Date/Time bug that plagued older 'fat' PlayStation 3 consoles was rectified so it won't resurface again in four years.

If anyone discovers other hidden features in the PS3 3.40 update not listed above feel free to reply below and we will add them to the list.

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Banned User

I got quoted.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jes03 View Post
    I got quoted.
    Thanks
    Ha.. no prob! As you can imagine, the list in the first post will probably change in the next 1-2 days as people have time to download and install 3.40, but THANKS as all feedback is appreciated and +Rep!

All the facebook additions weren't hidden or secret, they were detailed on the playstation blog. They had already been detailed. The rest were hidden though.

The PSN App on Facebook is also live. You can find it here: http://apps.facebook.com/playstation.

UPDATE: Thanks for all of the feedback. Just a quick update, 3.40 has been released. In addition, PlayStation Plus is now available in the PlayStation Store.

We’re thrilled to hear that many of you are excited about the five star rating feature. This feature is retroactive for all of your PlayStation Store activity, so you can jump into the store right now and start rating all of your past purchases. Look for a “Rate” button on the product pages.

The PSN App on Facebook is also live. You can find it here: http://apps.facebook.com/playstation.
    Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...ilable-soon-2/
    Last edited by gtxboyracer; 06-29-2010 at 05:45 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

just installed the playstation app on facebook... haven't had a chance to install new firmware as i'm at work... screenshots:

does anyone know the pricing of playstation plus+ in the uk??
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Thumbs Up

- Under 'Display Settings' an option for Deep Color Output (HDMI) is now available for TV sets that support the feature.

Finally!! I think this week I'll install my new projector and it supports it my tv does it too.

I'm glad sony didn't forgot the movie and quality enthusiasts.

Lightbulb

I wonder now that you can see your friends list on Facebook if someone can create a standalone desktop widget (fingers crossed).

Big Grin

The SKFU's exploit loader still works for me, Sony didn't plug it.

Banned User

Thumbs Down

all i want to know is why the playstation blog lied to everyone saying that Playstation Plus users buying the 1 year get LBP as an introductory item, and now its only the European users... they get more than the US does, WTF, they get everything we got plus LBP, Destruction Derby, Loco Roco Costume pack for LBP, God of War Level kit for LBP, Steel and Titanium Killzone 2 pack, Sackboy Dynamic Theme... come on sony, you offered this to everyone not just the EU users... i regretting spending 53 dollars for absolutely nothing.

Arrow

ps3 fw 3.40 Glitch

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast