Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Firmware 3.40 System Update Arrives, Details Available!

Sponsored Links
    Earlier today Sony's Eric Lempel confirmed PlayStation 3 software update version 3.40 was incoming, and now the PS3 Firmware 3.40 system update is available to download alongside the [Register or Login to view links]!

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

Building on Sony's new high-definition stereoscopic 3D gaming for the ultimate 3D PlayStation 3 gaming experience, the PS3 Firmware 3.40 System Update adds PlayStation Plus compatibility, enhancements to the connection between PlayStation Network and Facebook accounts, updates to the PS3 Photo Gallery, Video Editor and Uploader and Five Star Rating Support and Power Save Settings as detailed HERE.

Finally, those holding out in hopes for PS3 Custom Firmware or PS3 homebrew it is recommended you do not update so that OtherOS functionality remains intact on your PlayStation 3 entertainment system.

PS3 Firmware 3.40 Update Changelog:

• You can now edit and upload video content.
    • You can edit video content that is saved on this system and upload the video to a video sharing website to share it with your friends. To use this feature, go to [Video] > [Video Editor & Uploader].
    • You can now share your favorite photos with friends, using a photo sharing website. To use this feature, go to [Photo] > [Photo Gallery].

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for posting this so I can download the firmware update before millions of people start to making it a slow as hell process.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    luckily the only game i'm really going for is dead rising 2 and hopefully before it's released cfw will be made which will allow me to play it even if i can't play online with it heh.

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    My PS3 is staying on 1.10 so I won't be grabbing this, but if anyone does it would be great if you could post some details on the new Video Edit and Uploader which is apparently a separate 44MB (.PKG File?) application.

According to Examiner.com ([Register or Login to view links]), with it you cannot use video copied to the system before the 3.40 update nor can you use copyrighted videos.

i guess i'll run the update, and check out the new features.

Banned User
    where the hell is little big planet... they promised this as an introductory download... FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by f3itic3ira View Post
    where the hell is little big planet... they promised this as an introductory download... FAIL.
    Actually they said if you purchased a 1 year subscription before a certain date you would get LBP so I call the FAIL on you...

i installed the update, downloaded the software, used eye create to make a video using the ps eye, & i can't up load it. this is utter bs.

Banned User
    One feature not said about is the new photo albums. You can upload/download to Facebook and even view Facebook albums on the PS3.

And the video editor as said above can only view/edit videos made after FW 3.40 is installed will work with it.

Red Face

Umm I just downloaded the update and my MAG character is no where to be found. Help....?

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News