Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

PS3 Firmware 3.30 System Update Arrives, Details Available!

Update: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/04/22/ps3-firmware-3-30s-hidden-features/ has confirmed that the Flash version used in the PS3's browser has also been updated alongside some region-free Blu-ray disc issues (such as BBC's Life), and badcrumble of http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20898612&postcount=132 speculates that the PS3 Blu-ray profile has been updated in preparation for 3D support.

PlayStation Network Operations Director Eric Lempel has announced details today of the mandatory PS3 Firmware 3.30 System Update.

Download: PS3 Firmware 3.30 (US) / PS3 Firmware 3.30 (EU)

To quote: Hi everyone, in our continued effort to provide the best, most comprehensive entertainment experience possible, we'll be adding a few new features to PlayStation 3 (PS3) via the latest system software update, which is a mandatory update and will be available shortly.

Most notably, you'll see some new sorting options within Trophies that make it easier to claim bragging rights among your friends on PlayStation Network.

-Trophy enhancements - Now you can more easily sort trophies in the [Trophy Collection] and [Comparing Trophy] sections. Sorting can be done with [Trophy Collection] in the [Game Category] and also when comparing trophies with your friends in the [Friend Category]

-Trophy Folder (Title List) can be sorted by game name/ by title according to the date in which you earned your last trophy (ascending/descending)

-Add-on list (Group list) can be sorted by original/the date in which you earned your last trophy (ascending/descending)

- Trophy list can be sorted by original/trophy name/grade/date of obtaining the trophy (ascending/descending)

In addition, this update preps the PS3 system for some upcoming new features, including 3D stereoscopic gaming, which is coming soon to PS3, in time for the launch of http://discover.sonystyle.com/bravia/sony3d/.

Let us know your thoughts and as always, we look forward to your feedback.

PS3 Firmware 3.30 System Update Arrives, Details Available!

More PlayStation 3 News...

It should be available in the next 1-2 hours, so I will add the download links to the first post when it hits.

Laughing really hard right now at everyone who doesn't honestly use Linux and has been saying "don't update, wait for Geos CFW, he will save the day." IF he even did what he claimed to have, he can't release before a new firmware arrives... This is your savior huh?

Truth is unless you are using otherOS and running a Linux partition you guys may as well update, its looking doubtful you guys will ever be able to take your PS3 back online to PSN and play with friends. Even if Egohot is still working on this, do you really think he will be able to keep up and reversing and releasing on par with the Sony release schedule? I think we already have begun to answer this question.

Unhappy

sigh, This pretty much kills any hopes I had at holding out for a CFW that would run on PSN.

Wow, I didn't think there'd be another update until the addition of 3d this summer... that was fast! Getting harder and harder to wait now for any sort of CFW... at this rate I don't think PSN would be accessible in the future whatsoever with CFW. Ah well, it was doubtful in the first place anyways I guess...

sorry what update is this?? trophies bs!! they just want to slow geohot and others from hacking the ps3!! and why 3d option is not including yet!!!and this update prepares the 3d option! i don't believe you sony!!!

Quote Originally Posted by proskopina View Post
    sorry what update is this?? trophies bs!! they just want to slow geohot and others from hacking the ps3!! and why 3d option is not including yet!!!and this update prepares the 3d option! i don't believe you sony!!!
    Perhaps like the Debug 3.20 , the 3D options are added for the XMB, and all of the "hooks" get put into the system for 3D support, but since there is no content (games) yet - you can't actually use it - although, it may work in XMB.

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Perhaps like the Debug 3.20 , the 3D options are added for the XMB, and all of the "hooks" get put into the system for 3D support, but since there is no content (games) yet - you can't actually use it - although, it may work in XMB.
    maybe you right or wrong... but the 3d option was planed for the summer!

and i don't think this is the main reason of this update!!

This is just a cover to make it more difficult for custom firmware... I'll hold out forever if I have to for cfw. After sony cost me over $150 in lost games by their newest update... I'll wait forever or just dump them... But the truth is they will probably keep doing updates close together for awhile even if they don't do anything just to make it harder for the guys working on cfw. Oh and preps? Who needs to prep a system... either you have the software or you don't... it's that simple...
    Last edited by dingleberry28; 04-21-2010 at 10:15 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Musoka View Post
    Laughing really hard right now at everyone who doesn't honestly use Linux and has been saying "don't update, wait for Geos CFW, he will save the day." IF he even did what he claimed to have, he can't release before a new firmware arrives... This is your savior huh?

Truth is unless you are using otherOS and running a Linux partition you guys may as well update, its looking doubtful you guys will ever be able to take your PS3 back online to PSN and play with friends. Even if Egohot is still working on this, do you really think he will be able to keep up and reversing and releasing on par with the Sony release schedule? I think we already have begun to answer this question.
    I really don't think Geohot is going to want to dedicate the amount of time it's going to take to continually crank out CFWs. I think he just wanted the recognition that comes with hacking the PS3. I think any hope of a CFW coming from him is pretty much dead.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast