Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony is not doing this because of hacking...

Sponsored Links
    ...Sony is doing this to eliminate the need to support the other-os feature, and the "hack" came just in time so they can use it as an excuse.

Think about it, the Slim PS3 came without it before the hack! They did not correct the internal clock bug on the old ps3, and they won't...

They are cutting costs by supporting only one model, with less features, the PS3 slim. They just killed the old PS3.

I'm amazed that no one came to this conclusion! It's that far off?!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretikewl View Post
    Just letting you guys know, I went and posted on the official playstation message boards about my disgust over what's going on....

And I got warned by the admins about spamming!

True story! He warned me for spamming because I expressed my opinion about it (absolutely nothing vulger or inappropriate in my post). No harsh language, nothing.

I then proceeded to click on the link for rules of the forums about spamming, and I did nothing in the list they have for it.

So I wrote him back (with a copy/paste of the rules for spamming) and asked how I was spamming, and he stated it was because I added nothing relevant to the thread. Wtf?

The board is on fire with people stating how pissed they are about this, and he picks me out for this reason? Man, you gotta wonder what kind of dick admins they have over there?

Total post count on the official boards: 3
    Total private messages to dick admin: 4
    LOL i know what your saying i posted on all the forums about the otheros and expresses my opinion to keep them on top for Sony to read lol!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thank you for the guide to ps3 proxy

oh man! I'm afraid that a week from now there will be update 3.22. just for the bypass thing.

lots of people are going to be sooo pissed.

well... i think in this update includes: bug fixes, hole fixes, OF COURSE LINUX REMOVED, and etc! But HOLE ARE FIXED 100%

Well do not update guys it is last chance to get something!
    I am now online with 3.15 even though the latest is 3.21. You can bypass the 3.21 firmware check by using the PS3 Proxy Server GUI program. Just tested it, works perfectly. Redirect [Register or Login to view links]... to the file below (download it and store ps3-updatelist.txt locally on your computer).
    Ok PS3 Bypass method is working for this update! So if you want to be online without update just use Ps3 proxy server bypass method!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by TUHTA; 04-01-2010 at 02:37 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by livpool View Post
    so far so good! LOGAN5's tool works great. i'm signed into PSN and it didnt ask me to update.. people had trouble with games but i'll give a game a shot now, friends list, PSstore and all that works fine tho.

How to use: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/playst...tml#post288022

REMEMBER TO UNCHECK THE FIRMWARE UPDATE BOX.
    Dont work on my Windows 7 64 bits.

"Component 'mswinsck.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid."

Edmarts i am on Windows 7 x64 and its work flawlessly! I only had that erorr with the ps3 proxy program on windows 7.

Edit: i am even using the internet on my ps3 while my ps3 is using the LG5 program to bypass the update!

After I updated my PS3 Slim (I had it set to auto off after installation), I turned it back on, and now it says

"The previous update could not be completed.

Would you like to try to update again? (80028E01)"
    Yes/No

I'm not doing anything until someone explains to me whats the safest thing to do.

I found something interesting... I am using the LOgan5's tool -- I set it up like ps3news said in the last post, but i thought i would be kicked out of the PlayStation network if i stopped the proxy in the program. The funny part is i stopped the proxy in the program on my computer and i am still logged into the PlayStation network and can access the playstation store! This might be little trick.. not sure if it works totally, but hey test it out!!

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by silencephaze View Post
    I found something interesting... I am using the LOgan5's tool -- I set it up like ps3news said in the last post, but i thought i would be kicked out of the PlayStation network if i stopped the proxy in the program. The funny part is i stopped the proxy in the program on my computer and i am still logged into the PlayStation network and can access the playstation store! This might be little trick.. not sure if it works totally, but hey test it out!!
    hah thats pretty cool! i guess you just need the proxy part to skip the FW update check.

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News