Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

PS3 Firmware 3.21 Locks Out More Features Beyond OtherOS?

Update: Sony has now told http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2887/sony-no-evidence-of-321-damage that despite widespread reports they have seen no evidence of damage caused by the PS3 Firmware 3.21 update.

Sony has already upset some users by removing the "Install OtherOS" with its PS3 Firmware 3.21 update, and based on reports from the official PlayStation forums a sizable number of PS3 users have run into issues since updating to PlayStation 3 Firmware version 3.21 as well.

Problems after installing the update range from folks not being able to log into PSN or load a disc after the update to users not being able to turn on their PS3 at all - some have even reported freezing during the update process.

Of course, there's also lots of users that have updated without any issues whatsoever, and the problems don't seem to have yet drawn an official response from Sony.

Let us know how things worked out for you in the comments below.

PS3 Firmware 3.21 Locks Out More Features Beyond OtherOS?

More PlayStation 3 News...

"It Only Does Everything WORSE" lol sorry that was terrible yet somehow I knew this would happen and did nothing to stop it.

I haven't updated yet, not because I care a lot about the OTHEROS feature since I'm not a homebrew developer and quite frankly don't want the PS3 to become like the PSP and 360 full of pirated games.

I didn't just because lately every other update really screws up something that needs a further fix so, I'll patiently wait for a fix and then maybe I'll update.

Lightbulb Read This Its Interesting

Besides of course removing the "Other OS", there is a list of the other small changes in the features and operation of your PS3 now:

* Other OS deleted (of course, we knew that was coming!)

* Default System deleted (I wonder why?)

* The playback quality of some PlayStation® format software that is downloaded (as a purchase or for free) from PlayStation®Store has been improved. wee..... (Big deal, where is my $600 Linux box gone?)

* A security patch was added to address security vulnerabilities that may occur when playing MP4 format video files. hmm.... (That is a neat one, never heard of this "security" problem, before!)

SO IT SEEMS DEFAULT SYSTEM WAS DELETED ANYONE CARE TO EXPLAIN WHY?

That's pretty pathetic. Just makes it look like they quickly hashed out an update to get rid of OtherOS as fast as possible without proper testing. Way to keep people happy sony...

ohh wow i'm happy i did not update, but that's gotta suck for all those who did. also in response to otarumx, i don't really care about the pirate games i just want more video support like mkv playback iso playback from dvds a in-game music plugin like on the psp, or a patch to allow all games to play custom music would be nice also maybe a better webbrowser cuz sonys just sucks it cant even browse their new forums anymore fail! hopefully a firefox port comes in sometime.

I didn't update either. I liked the ps3, and the way the XMB looks at the moment, and I never installed linux, but I'm still hoping for a way to play digital copies of games. Would save me the trouble of having to get up and constantly swapping the CD's out. Yes I know I am lazy.

lol you know its weird i didnt notice it untill today but since 3.21 my buddie hasnt been able to download any psn titles (demo or full game) over 1gb and it gives him a network error. he only recently told me about the problem untill i was ranting about how they took linux out of mine and i couldnt use my ps3 ($600 "game" machine). when he mentioned it to me i didnt think anything of it thought it was the way he has his network set up. but tnow that i read this im starting to wonder

haha i'd laugh if sony have to pull the update or have to put 3.15 out again as 3.22

Thumbs Down

good thing I haven't been able to update. I don't want to have those kinds of problems.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast