Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Iīve updated and had no problem at all. BTW can we stop making jokes with "I only does..."? Itīs tiring right now.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I am pretty certain there are some bugs in the update program that is included in the PUP. It's a pretty nasty and apparently elusive bug that Sony cannot seem to find and fix (or can't fix). If you look at the Sony forums, the bug has been around for a while, but it got worse when 3.0 came out, because they went and touched that code for the new SLIM hardware. That code has to figure out what hardware it's running on, and load the correct firmware into the correct flash. So, every time you do an update, you have a small chance, but significant impact, of mucking up your PS3 because that program does the wrong thing.

And I believe Sony would want to fix the problem, if they could find it, because it's causing the same problem on brand new SLIM units (under warranty, and thus fixed on Sony's dime). I believe the problem is more widespread than Sony would like you to believe because they started offering refurbished SLIM's as a replacement option. That likely means they are running out of older refurb PS3 units very quickly, and one day, may not even be able to offer anything but a refurb slim unit. They don't owe you an older model (your warranty expired, Sony is doing you a "favor" by offering a replacement at a reduced cost).

What is worth noting for those conspiracy theory types... you only get a 90 day warranty on a refurb. So, if the update process causes the problem, then simply don't publish updates within roughly 90 days of each other. Wait for the warranty to expire first! Sony's got the EULA to protect them (firmware updates are at your own risk according to Sony).

And so... I am still on 2.76 - no working bypass to get to the PSN Store to buy DLC, no online gaming, no new Sony Pictures BR movies, and no PS3 games since 3.01 came out... just me and my partially functional PS3.
    Last edited by fun4you2008; 04-07-2010 at 11:42 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have 2 ps3's a 40 and a 60 and i updated only the 40 without any probs, even tho that i think that the fan works in higher rpm's more often than it uses... and i had it open for cleaning just a month ago.

dunno, It may be just my idea, but this is what i have noticed.

Personally no update for me PS3 JAP 60gig Firmware: original 1.31 year 2006.

The dinosorus still alive and keep working

Thumbs Up

Updated without any trouble. PS3 40Gb and PS3 SLIM 120GB.

I'm hoping that's the reason my slim just stopped reading disc. Just sent to sony yesterday for the free repair. Got that slim for Christmas. I also have a fat 60 gig which was already repaired from YLOD and returned. Tempted on just updating so i can play disc again sooner.

Anyone using the proxy hack have issues using features of psn? I heard you can't get game updates, is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by grimfand View Post
    Anyone using the proxy hack have issues using features of psn? I heard you can't get game updates, is that true?
    To get the Game Update while using proxy, disable the proxy, then load up the game, it will prompt you to update, then download the update. After the game has updated, exit the game, load up the proxy again, and sign back into PSN.

Quote Originally Posted by fun4you2008 View Post
    That likely means they are running out of older refurb PS3 units very quickly, and one day, may not even be able to offer anything but a refurb slim unit.
    if you send an older model in to sony, then they do owe you an older model in return. just because an older ps3 is out of warranty does not mean that the value of the older models have also depreciated down to the level of the new ps3s.

I've had no problems with 3.21.

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News