Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    thought i would share an email i sent sony, wanted to see what sort of reply i would get so here it is:
    Subject
    i want a fulll refund for my console and games as you are removing other os feat

Discussion Thread
    Response (Jamal W.) 03/29/2010 12:54 PM
    Hello Ian,

We sympathize with your situation regarding the removal of the other "OS" feature. The feature is a part of the system firmware not the system hardware. The option to make changes to the system firmware is included in:

PLAYSTATIONŽNETWORK TERMS OF SERVICE AND
    USER AGREEMENT

Section 10:

From time to time, it may become necessary for SCEA to provide certain content or services to you to ensure that PSN, your PLAYSTATIONŽ3 computer entertainment system unit or other SCEA-authorized hardware is functioning properly in accordance with SCEA guidelines. Some content or services may be provided automatically without notice when you sign into PSN. Such content or service may include automatic updates or upgrades which may change your current operating system, cause a loss of data or content or cause a loss of functionalities or utilities. Such upgrades or updates may be provided for system software for your PLAYSTATIONŽ3 computer entertainment system unit or other SCEA-authorized hardware. Access or use to any system software is subject to terms and conditions of a separate end user license agreement found at [Register or Login to view links]. You authorize SCEA to provide such content and services and agree that SCEA shall not be liable for any damages arising from provision of such content or services or maintenance services. It is recommended that you regularly back up any data located on the hard disk that is of a type that can be backed up.

The update to version 3.21 is "not" mandatory you may continue to use your current firmware version however you will lose:

Ability to sign in to PlayStationŽNetwork and use network features that require signing in to PlayStation Network, such as online features of PS3 games/chat.
    Playback of PS3 software titles or Blu-ray Disc videos that require PS3 system software version 3.21 or later
    Playback of copyright-protected videos that are stored on a media server (when DTCP-IP is enabled under Settings)
    Use of new features and improvements that are available on PS3 system software 3.21 or later.

For questions about returning your PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment system you will need to contact the retailer from whom you purchased the unit.

Regards,
    Jamal W.

Auto-Response 03/28/2010 10:53 PM
    Thank you for contacting Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA).

You have received this auto-acknowledgement to confirm that we received your message. We will respond to your message within 24 - 48 hours. We appreciate your patience. We have also Included helpful service links and information that may be of immediate assistance to you.

Getting your system repaired/exchanged using the Internet
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are experiencing the following issues with your product, you will most likely need to have it replaced or serviced:

- Not getting any power
    - None of your games or movies load or play
    - System freezes or locks up at the main menu or XMB screen
    - Cracked or damaged LCD screen on PSP portable

You can fill out our Online Service Request form by visiting [Register or Login to view links] and process your own service request quickly and easily using a computer. [This service is currently open for U.S. residents ONLY. Other restrictions apply. Please see the Online Service Request page for additional details.]

Additional Troubleshooting
    --------------------------------
    We have also included links to our Knowledge Center Articles on some of our most commonly searched troubleshooting issues:

PLAYSTATION(R)3 computer entertainment system

- How to Restore Default Settings:
    [Register or Login to view links]

- HDMI Picture & Sound Troubleshooting:

- Wireless Network Troubleshooting:

- Wired (Ethernet) Troubleshooting:

- Firewall & Port Numbers for Online Gaming:

PSP(R) portable entertainment system

- Setting up Infrastructure Mode:

- Transferring Files from PC to PSP:

- Updating System Software:

- Browsing the Internet:

PlayStation(R)Network

Recovering PlayStation Network Password:

Customer 03/28/2010 10:53 PM
    i want a fulll refund for my console and games as you are removing other os feature this was bought included with my console now your taking it away because you cant keep the console secure.
    sony this is a real bad move.
    how do i organise a refund.

Question Reference #100328-XXXXXX
    Product Level 1: PS3™ system
    Product Level 2: Hardware
    Category Level 1: System Settings
    Date Created: 03/28/2010 10:53 PM
    Last Updated: 03/29/2010 12:54 PM
    emailed sony again just to see if i can get a legitimate reason for removal of other os.
    i know this will end up in going absoloutely no where but hey at least i had my say.

Customer 03/31/2010 11:26 AM
    terms and condition say to PROVIDE CONTENT or services which sounds to me like giving me something, you also mention to ensure hardware is functioning properly my ps3 is functioning perfectly with other os installed so why are you removing it. basically you are saying except the update or lose the ability to use psn store (your loss not mine) but also the ability to play games online (mine and sony`s loss) as i wont be buying or playing your games.
    its not my fault some hacker has exploited your console and your fix is to take away the means for him to hack it. its a bit like the leap year fix lets face it you never fixed it you just waited for the date to come around and the console updated itself or the user manually changed it themselves. i really enjoy my ps3 console but feel that sony has managed to sway me towards microsoft not because its hackable as if i wanted to play backups of games i would have bought one ages ago, i stuck with sony
    for quality and knowing what customers wanted, i just feel that making customers do something or lose the ability to do what most of us bought this console for which is playing games online with the latest technology you will now lose the console war.

Response (Jamal W.) 03/31/2010 12:09 PM
    Hello Ian,

Your concerns have been heard.We value your input and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please rest assured that we will convey your feedback to Sony Computer Entertainment America's ("SCEA") appropriate management
    Last edited by j3edi; 03-31-2010 at 05:53 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightmax View Post
    Would someone mind enlightening those newish to the scene how to do a firmware bypass check?
    While looking for something else today I ran across this video that may help, not sure if it still works as I don't go online with my PS3, but worth a peek.

Another similar app also: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...le-108671.html

How to use:

run the LG5tool exe
    click on the frimware update box so its checked
    then click start proxy it will show you ur ip adress
    go to ps3 and click network settings
    click on internet connection settings
    click on the custom method
    click wireless or wired (what ever you are using)
    #wireless only: click scan
    #select ur wireless conection (ssid)
    # confirm ur ssid(network name)
    #select your security settings and fill out ur password and ursername
    click automatic for "ip adress settings"
    click do not set for "DHCP hst name"
    click automatic for "dns settings"
    click auto matic for "mtu"
    click use for "proxy server"
    type in your ip adress that shows in LG5tool itll be somthing like "192.168.x.xxx" (the x are numbers that are diffrent for every one for example mine is 192.168.1.101)
    click enable for "upnp"
    then test your conection

Sign In then uncheched frimware update box and Sign in
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links

Exclamation

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    While looking for something else today I ran across this video that may help, not sure if it still works as I don't go online with my PS3, but worth a peek.
    Can anyone confirm this is the answer to not updating everyone is looking for?

Thank you Ps3news! - Can someone test this please i really want to know how to bypass and not updatE!! I love the OTHER OS!! Sony has pissed me off!!

Quote Originally Posted by silencephaze View Post
    Can anyone confirm this is the answer to not updating everyone is looking for?

Thank you Ps3news! - Can someone test this please i really want to know how to bypass and not updatE!! I love the OTHER OS!! Sony has pissed me off!!
    This is definitely a viable work around for the time being to avoid updating, online with no problems so far!

Arrow

As PS3 Firmware 3.21 is now released, continue discussion here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-on...id-110381.html

Sponsored Links

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News