Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It looks like more and more we will see the PS3 Phat become an extinct dinosaur. With the recent Y2010 clock issue, now taking away it's computer feature's. Then with no warranty on the machines anymore. There's simply no point in ever fixing a broken console anymore. Might as well move up to the Slims. It's bound to happen at some point.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I've told that I find it meaningless but I dont know if I've explained why in details, I feel for it now...

It's completely meaningless cause those ones eventually working on the way for a CFW will never upgrade their research units and that for few than can be could always be enough to find out how to buid a CFW that will have the chance to be installed on every other machine as well...

They simply cannot drive millions of people angry with them for a nonsense like this... at least if they don't aim to loose the actual AND the future console war that they're fighting against their competitors...

If it's not a joke I want to see the face of the "big brain" that thought this thing... the "mastermind", the "genius"... nothing at the actual date has been able to wreak havoc on SCE, could be possible for one man only to do such a thing ? Maybe they have a collection of these brains ?

Sorry if I've repeated something I already said but's really hard to believe such a thing...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Can we bypass this firmware.. does that ps3 proxy still work?

Guys 1 April joke. No way remove other os. Is like remove the father from church.

Quote Originally Posted by silencephaze View Post
    Can we bypass this firmware.. does that ps3 proxy still work?
    Thats what my plan was, at least for now...

i can live with it if my ps3 never gets modded since i already have a jtagged 360 and a softmodded wii, but im not gonna do it without something in return like new feature that serve a purpose..

sounds just like a stupid joke.. remove otheros for "security concerns", aka to secure their system from getting cracked? there is no other reason is there? there are no security concerns for users, only for sonys cashflow?

what's dangerous about a ps3 that have otheros? can it cause fires? there are no security concerns for the end user, only for sony them selves. but crackers won't upgrade so it would only affect users who don't try to crack it..

Quote Originally Posted by Progeria View Post
    but crackers won't upgrade so it would only affect users who don't try to crack it..
    Lol, ever hear of DRM?

Legit Customer: Invasive software, limited installs, ridiculous circumstances just to play the game (Assissns Creed 2 or Command & Conquer 4 anyone?)

Pirate: Unlimted installs, no DRM, no invasive software, no conditions to play the game, clean and easy.

Who Suffers Most: Legit Customer

You'd think companies would start to realize this. And they wonder why piracy is on the rise...

For those who are looking for PS3 Proxi : http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post275816
    Last edited by red8316; 03-30-2010 at 08:55 PM

If you want to do something about this, then do it. The phone number is right on the website: 800-345-7669 (800-345-SONY). You can make thousands of posts here, but the only way Sony will know how pissed we are about this is for them to actually hear you! You can press 0 at the menus to talk to a person. Try to convince them that they can still save face by playing this off as an April fools joke.

When I called the person I talked to tried to convince me it is optional. It is not. You get a choice: the ability to play new games that come out, or the ability to use Linux. You don't get both even though that is what they advertised and what you paid for.

Also remind them that this is fraud. They marketed a product and you paid for it under the false pretense that it would do the things they said it would. Sony knows that they are will get sued over this. They look at some bloated "every pirated copy is a lost sale" figure and ignore the few million dollars a loss in court would cost. Even more importantly, if they win, electronics companies will be able to remove core functionality from their devices whenever they want for any reason with minimal if any notice. I truly believe that that is what Sony is after with all of this.

The PS3 is piss poor at everything. The only thing that made it even remotely worth anywhere near the $600 they charged for it was that it did lots of things. Now it is losing half of its functionality. Functionality that we paid for. Remember, the PS3 didn't have any good exclusives its first two years. OtherOS was its huge selling point. I seriously did buy the PS3 for it. I may not use it often because of how bad they gimped it, but I do use it; more than I play the 3 good games for the system in fact.

Lastly, here is a Ken Kuteragi quote on the $600 price tag: "It's probably too cheap ... This is the PS3 price. Expensive, cheap -- we don't want you to think of it in terms of game machines. Because the PS3 is like nothing else." Read that to the people on the phone, ask them what they think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    When I called the person I talked to tried to convince me it is optional. It is not. You get a choice: the ability to play new games that come out, or the ability to use Linux. You don't get both even though that is what they advertised and what you paid for.
    yes, so that still makes the update optional. You've even said it in your own argument "You get a choice" and that choice is accept the new FW update or don't accept it. The FW does not force you to install it as soon as the PS3 is switched on, and it doesn't restrict you from still using your PS3 if you don't accept the update. So it is an optional update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    Also remind them that this is fraud. They marketed a product and you paid for it under the false pretense that it would do the things they said it would. Sony knows that they are will get sued over this....

Even more importantly, if they win, electronics companies will be able to remove core functionality from their devices whenever they want for any reason with minimal if any notice.
    For these last two points I'm just going to direct you to here... http://www.ps3news.com/forums/playst...tml#post287807

because it has everything in there that tells you why you're wrong

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News