Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So IF i don't update, i cant go onto PSN and cant play on line. So what also happens when i want to contribute on Folding home app (which i do on a regular basis?? I cant sign in because a dont want to update.. so i can't contribute to the folding home community??

Thats not what i signed up for! I can see me gettin another 360 as my ps3 cant do everything it used to be able to do!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well i have 4 ps3's so i supppose i can keep 2 of them not updated

now we need to find a bypass theres already a new bypass method for games i suppose one is possible for FW?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Studs View Post
    So IF i don't update, i cant go onto PSN and can't play on line. So what also happens when i want to contribute on Folding home app (which i do on a regular basis?? I cant sign in because a dont want to update..so i cant contribute to the folding home community??

Thats not what i signed up for! I can see me gettin another 360 as my ps3 cant do everything it used to be able to do!
    Of course you can! I've been doing it in linux for years... so just use linux! You download a package, and execute the file in a shell and it goes.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sadly it is true, as my internal contact has confirmed. Also he didn't say, but he didn't seem to hot about the idea himself, but he doesn't have any say over it.

Quote Originally Posted by loader187 View Post
    My honest opinion is the only bad thing about this is if it is going to ruin hacking abilities than it sucks however, if you dont want to upgrade to 3.21 than buy another PS3 for online and gaming and use the Linux one for all your other stuff.
    DO NOT buy another PS3. Don't support this BS. Just stop buying their games and move on... if you can.

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by daveyrockit View Post
    tell me this is a april fool's joke..
    its just a april fool's joke mate.. don't listen anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by bostwick View Post
    this is ridiculous. do not buy any more sony product or future playstation. do not support them. they messed up big. I got ylod a day after network trouble i had my ps3 for a year and a eleven months. I could of spent four hundred dollars on kick you no what graphics card. what a waste.

I am supporting only pc gaming. forget consoles they need to be more reliable. then too go and take away a feature that you bought the ps3 for. the other os. outrages! they are still riding the wave of ps1 and ps2 followers. well all i can say is my yellow light came conveniently around this, losing the other os . they really want to loss business. spread the word. do not buy sony.
    Don't be so quick to support only PC gaming. Didn't you hear all the craziness going on with DRM? To play Assassins Creed 2, you have to be connected to the internet all the time (as a single player game!) And their servers have to be working properly. What happens in five-ten years when they realize that they aren't making money on their servers? Just sounds like a bad idea.

I take if a person doesn't update he can't sign into the playstation network and use his games he bought online right?? Then Sony is forcing us to update!

Should i wait?

Question

I'm not planning to update 3.21 but I had a question regarding downloading and installing demo games from PSN Store. Can a demo game update your firmware without your knowledge?

I know that new game releases come with the newest firmware and won't install unless you update. Was wondering if this is also true of game demos.

To tell the true I think it's a joke... It must be a joke:

First thing first it would be unalligned with what they've always said about security of their system, they simply cannot be scared that one day in the future a stable CF could run onto a PS3 cause they knows well how difficut it's the whole thing to be made.

On a second line if, a big IF,one day it will be possible, probably the life of the PS3 will already be at her last or really near at her end, it makes no much sense to throw out the sword at that point, probably PS4 will be already out when this could seemingly happen, it would make a little sense to fight for an extinguishing business instead of pumping up the new one.

As a third line they've already spoken about a 3.20, not 3.21 or 3.22 or whatelse, they could have integrated those features into the upcoming 3.20, no need to slide the version number, furthermore 3.20 we know it exists.

We can add that doing this they could risk a class action only to stop users from benefit the OtherOS while, obviously, no one working on a ipothetical CF project will do the upgrade saving the chance to work on it and if this will lead to success nothing could stop a CF from being installed on every machine regardless the option to install an OtherOS or not will be kept ?

Finally the release date, 1st April... a well known date for jokes.

The hugeness of games make by itself things really difficult, P2P networks are nearly dead, online reviews and avaliablity of demos have punched a lot the need to "try" games on a parallel way, we can say that PS3 were succesful at defeating piracy, thanks to an improved market transparency as well...

..it would be a completely meaningless move, I don't believe it could be real... if they don't drug themselves, obviously...

Sponsored Links

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News