Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Firmware 3.15 Update is Now Available!

Sponsored Links
    Update #3: PS3 Firmware 3.15 is now a mandatory update, as confirmed by hacked2123.

Update #2: Despite Sony previously stating otherwise, [Register or Login to view links] reports that the Data Transfer Utility for the PlayStation 3 can transfer copy-protected saves from one PS3 system to another, to quote: "Even saved data that is copy-protected can be transferred (moved)."

Update: We have now added a PSP Mini Compatibility List for PS3 which will be updated periodically.

As previously reported, Sony has now updated to PS3 Firmware version 3.15. Remember, as stated by Sony, this is currently not a mandatory update.

It includes a fix for DualShock 3 pairing issues, the ability to transfer data between to PS3s via an ethernet cable and the ability to play PSP Minis on the PS3.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

PS3 Firmware 3.15 Update Changelog:

• Bluetooth sync issues fixed
    • Trophy syncing issue resolved
    • PSP Minis now playable on the PS3 (starting December 17th all PSP minis will be playable on the PS3, for now you must go to your download list and re-download any previously purchased PSP minis for them to function on the PS3)
    • LAN Data Transfer Utility

For those who missed it, the PS3 Data Transfer guide is below:

This feature enables you to easily transfer all of your saved data from one PS3 to another. So if you decide to get a new PS3 you can make sure you don't loose any of your existing content.

Content such as games, game save data, and videos downloaded from PlayStation Network can be transferred to the new PS3 system and deleted from the current PS3. Other content, including personal media files (photos, music, videos), can be copied onto the new PS3 and remain on the current PS3 system.

The process is really simple:

1. Turn both the current PS3 (A) and new PS3 (B) on and connect them with a LAN cable; PS3 (A) should be connected to the TV

2. On the XMB of PS3 (A), scroll to the Settings menu and select [System Settings] and then [Data Transfer Utility]

3. Follow the instructions on-screen and transfer data

4. After transferring the data, follow the instructions on-screen, and then connect PS3 (B) to the TV to view the XMB

5. If content that was downloaded from PlayStation Store was transferred as part of this operation, you must activate PS3 (B) before you can use the data. Log in to the PS3 system as the user who owns the content, and then select (PlayStation Network) - (Account Management) - (System Activation) to activate the system.

PS3 Firmware 3.15 Update is Now Available!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This was actually pretty fast, on Sony's part. PSP Emu was "revealed" in 3.10, and then released in 3.15 - last I checked, were still waiting on that PS2 emu!

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links
    Heh, agreed! Also, we should probably start documenting which PSP Minis work on PS3 Firmware 3.15 and which don't... Here is a list (add below if you try other titles):

PSP Mini Compatibility List for PS3

Working:
    • Blast Off (AU tested, should be the same as EU)
    • Bloons (US)
    • Breakquest (EU confirmed by Yurinka)
    • Echoes (EU tested)
    • Kahoots (US tested)
    • Stand O’ Food (US | EU)
    • Zombie Tycoon (US tested)

Not Working:
    • Alien Havoc (US)
    • Blast Off (US tested — EU via comments)
    • Brainpipe (US tested)
    • Bubble Trubble (US tested)
    • Echoes (US)
    • Fieldrunners (US tested)
    • Fortix (EU tested)
    • Let’s Golf (US tested)
    • Pinball Dreams (EU tested)
    • Pinball Fantasies (EU tested)
    • Puzzle Scape Mini (EU tested by Yurinka)
    • Spot The Difference (EU tested)
    • Sudoku (US)
    • Tetris (US)
    • Vempire (EU tested)

Lightbulb

Makes me wonder if you can split the lan cable somehow and make it transfer to a PC also.

Arrow

Makes me wonder if you can split the lan cable somehow and make it transfer to a PC also.
    Its called packet sniffing - and you just need to hook a pc in to the same switch and sniff network traffic.. it might be using encrypted data though..

PSP Games

Does this mean that even though I do not own a PSP, I can download the PSP Mini games via Playstation Store for the PSP and play them through my PS3?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck1707 View Post
    Does this mean that even though I do not own a PSP, I can download the PSP Mini games via Playstation Store for the PSP and play them through my PS3?
    I believe the answer is indeed YES, however, I don't have a PSP here... so if someone else can confirm it I will +Rep ya.

Also, I updated the first post to include that according to reports (that contradict Sony's initial word) copy-protected saves can be transferred from one PS3 to another, interesting indeed.

You do not need a PSP for this new feature, but it only allows you to play PSP MINIS on the PS3. You cannot play the full-blown PSP titles (yet).
    Last edited by Surfaced; 12-10-2009 at 01:47 AM

CONFIRMED! You can download the minis and play them even without a playstation portable.

Tried on the following systems:

PS3 60 GB with PSP registered
    PS3 Slim 250 GB without PS3 registered

Quote Originally Posted by B4rtj4h View Post
    CONFIRMED! You can download the minis and play them even without a playstation portable.
    Thanks for the confirmation and testing B4rtj4h and +Rep!

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News