Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by xxkrizxx View Post
    Think that they may hack this psp emulator so it can run psp minis downloaded from the pc, and imagine that they were to add ps2 to ps3 then it would be just awesome to hack the ps3 making it capable of running psx, ps2, psp, ps3. i would love that but from what i've read theres a long way before that is if the ps3 gets hacked.
    It would be cool and I'm sure some day it will become a reality indeed, but probably not anytime soon as the PS3's hypervisor regulates everything running on the PS3 and nobody has managed to get around that in the last 3 years.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Stupid question, but i've yet to see it... I assume Mini's lack trophy support so if i play them ps3 side there will be no trophies right?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by victorinox View Post
    Stupid question, but ive yet to see it... I assume Mini's lack trophy support so if i play them ps3 side there will be no trophies right?
    Correct. The PSP Mini's are a derivative of the PSP platform, not the PS3 platform. You won't see trophies (probably) for the PSP Minis unless Sony makes them mandatory for release.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    It would be cool and I'm sure some day it will become a reality indeed, but probably not anytime soon as the PS3's hypervisor regulates everything running on the PS3 and nobody has managed to get around that in the last 3 years.
    what do you mean with ps3's hypervisor (sorry for getting out of the main theme) and i didnt realized that the ps3 is 3 years old and nothing

if i have time i'll hack it this week.. i've heard that there investigating this firmware and also demonhades said that he was able to run 3 games already now i don't know if thats true but it does come from someone who has been on the ps3 scene lately.
    Last edited by xxkrizxx; 12-11-2009 at 10:20 PM

If you go to the System Transfer functionality it actually explains that:

a) Non-protected Game saves will be copied to new PS3.
    b) Protected Game saves will be moved to new PS3.

There is a difference - meaning you will only be able to retain the game saves on one ps3 at a time, unless of course you take an image of the hard drive, transfer it, then restore image of hard drive again. Of course i haven't tested it so don't know if that idea would work?

Question PS3 Firmware 3.15 now mandatory

Just went to log in and noticed a new firmware was required... this is strange seeing as how I just downloaded my copy of Bomberman last night of PSN, and I know I wasn't running a proxy.

Anyone want to do a checksum on the version from 2-3 weeks ago versus the version up now?

Thumbs Up

Yep, PlayStation Network Operations Director Eric Lempel confirmed today on the [Register or Login to view links] that it is indeed now mandatory so you are correct!
    Update — PS3 3.15 System Software

Just a quick note to let you know that firmware update 3.15, an optional update that was released in early December, is now a mandatory update. You can read about the contents of the update in the original post here.

In addition to the features that were communicated back in December, the update also improves system stability during use of some PlayStation 3 software. If you’ve already performed the update, there’s no need to do anything. If you are using an older version of the firmware, you will be prompted to update when you start up your system and when you access any network features.

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News