PS3 Firmware 3.10 Allows Users to Send Error Reports to Sony

Now with the PS3 Firmware 3.10 update you can send an error report to Sony.

I encountered this personally just yesterday when I was playing Modern Warfare 2 and think its a good feature for future PS3 Firmware updates to reduce issues.

To quote: "Thanks to firmware 3.10, Sony now allows users to send an error report after an improper shutdown.

Freezing is an annoying issue and there is no way for everyone to be able to report such errors in an easy way. While it's unknown what exactly is being sent to Sony, expect information about your software and hardware to be sent.

According to a disclaimer before sending in the report, this includes PSN account information, the content saved on your PS3, and your email address. This information will be sent if it was being used during the time of the problem."

More PlayStation 3 News...

Interesting, I did not know about this. However, I don't think I'll be sending error reports to Sony for what its worth. I wonder if it is possible to intercept these reports and read the logs. Or if that would even be worth while.

Quote Originally Posted by red8316 View Post
    Interesting, I did not know about this. However, I don't think I'll be sending error reports to Sony for what its worth. I wonder if it is possible to intercept these reports and read the logs. Or if that would even be worth while.
    Do what you want but if you don't press a few buttons to send the error, then you have no right to expect a better, errorless, bug-free system.

Great feature. I will always report the possible errors to get a stable PS3!
    Last edited by deksar; 11-20-2009 at 03:42 PM

Error-posting is now a standard feature of computer operating systems. As the PlayStation console grows more computer-like (with periodic firmware updates, for instance), it makes sense to add this feature. The developers can't test all possible hardware and software combinations; reporting on errors helps them improve the product.

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by deksar View Post
    Do what you want but if you don't press a few buttons to send the error, then you have no right to expect a better, errorless, bug-free system.

Great feature. I will always report the possible errors to get a stable PS3!
    Wow dude, I'm not complaining about crashes with the system or expectations for getting crash issues fixed. My angle is that reporting crashes might lead to closing potential exploits. It's a good feature for the general public and users who like to report issues for resolution. But if you want access to hacked and open hardware, it is probably best to keep quiet.

Otherwise you're probably just helping hardware manufactures (Sony in this case) close holes in the hardware. And as far as my rights to a better, error less, bug-free system go, that went out the window after my 1 year warranty expired I'm sure. Luckily for me, a majority of the problems are not with my system, but poorly ported and coded games, such as Fallout 3 GOTY to name one prime example.

All in all, welcome to the forums.

I posted this in the 3.10 thread, and no one seemed to care =\

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by victorinox View Post
    I posted this in the 3.10 thread, and no one seemed to care =\
    Things like this (new features found, etc) are best to post in the Site News, that way more people can see and reply to it... generally speaking, a single post buried in a thread on the forum won't get much attention.

Quote Originally Posted by SealWyf View Post
    Error-posting is now a standard feature of computer operating systems. As the PlayStation console grows more computer-like (with periodic firmware updates, for instance), it makes sense to add this feature. The developers can't test all possible hardware and software combinations; reporting on errors helps them improve the product.
    OK, error posting may be a standard now, but I think that error-posting and MANDATORY updates, will soon be BOTH MANDATORY, and will then competly shut the scene down.. but on the other hand without the scene how do you improve your security?