Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Firmware 3.0 Rumored Features Are Detailed

Sponsored Links
    Although it is still some time away (Super_Secret predicts PS3 Firmware 3.0 won't be out during the summer, but before the holidays) the folks at VG247 (linked above) have uncovered some additional details on it.

To quote: The software upgrade has been described to us as "a huge overhaul", and was compared to NXE "in some respects".

The before-rumored reputation system will be included. We were told that, "A reputation system in which users will be able to evaluate each other will be provided for... game applications.

"There will be a new API available to so the user can... allow users and also obtain users' reputation."

A "grief reporting system" will be included in the update, allowing gamers to take screens of offensive players and submit them to Sony. Apparently this is going to be similar to the LBP system, and is likely to include a text input.

Firmware 3.0 will allow patches will be downloaded in the background, meaning you'll no longer have to sit staring at the screen while Random Shooter updates itself with a 500Mb fix.

There's more. Simultaneous HDMI and digital optical outputting will be included in the release, a move likely to bring big smiles to the audio heads in the crowd.

Of course for the time being, these are just rumored features that are subject to change... but still interesting none the less if true!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    "There's more. Simultaneous HDMI and digital optical outputting will be included in the release, a move likely to bring big smiles to the audio heads in the crowd."

i already use HDMI for video and optical for surround sound, has that been messe3d up with the 2.80 release? (i dont have it yet i believe so if it has then i will steer clear of it lol)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If the rumours are true this update will definately be giving fans what they've wanted for a while. FW 2.0 update was disappointing but 3.0 should be good, i'm excited about background game patches, its so annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreaper View Post
    "There's more. Simultaneous HDMI and digital optical outputting will be included in the release, a move likely to bring big smiles to the audio heads in the crowd."

i already use HDMI for video and optical for surround sound, has that been messe3d up with the 2.80 release? (i dont have it yet i believe so if it has then i will steer clear of it lol)
    Yeah I use the HDMI for video and optical for surround sound too, and no it hasn't been messed up with firmware 2.80 ^^

It still the normal

Change video output settings blah blah, then says change audio output settings blah blah

Hopefully they will allow music from HDD in all games (regardless, I know some games already do this)

Also I hope they have a record video and take screenshot feature.
    Last edited by BlackCat666; 06-26-2009 at 12:40 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

All 2.8 does is improve playback AGAIN..

I think that means the audio is sent over HDMI and optical out, that way you can use either your amp or TV for sound.

Yes previously and currently, audio can only be over one, not both.. (simulatenously). It was something to do with the specifications of HDMI 1.2/1.3 or something. But they obviously found a way around.

Hopefully this is true, along with other 3.0 rumours, such as cross game voice chat etc.. if it is, that would be great.

What about the PS2 Emulation? We've been waiting all along for this - I hope even the 40GB and Non-backwards compatible owners can still use this USBLoader even under emulation!

But then again, they've probably patched this somehow - Still worth a shot, right?

Quote Originally Posted by mmkmmk3 View Post
    All 2.8 does is improve playback AGAIN..
    No, thats just all Sony told you, not what was actually done.

In actual fact quite a lot was done, but it should have always worked like that so they didn't tell you that because it makes them look incompetent.
    Last edited by BlackCat666; 06-27-2009 at 10:24 AM

Heres another thing, do you think that the official Sony PLaystation 3 Firmware 3.0 would only be released once sony has finished finding a way to restore FULL PS2 Backwards Compatibility for the New 80GB, 40GB, 160GB models ? Thats maybe the idea.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News