Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Firmware 2.80 Update is Now Available!

Sponsored Links
    Update: It appears Open Remote Play no longer functions properly.

Earlier today PlayStation Network Operations Director Eric Lempel announced that PS3 Firmware 2.80 Update was coming, and it's now live to download!

Here is what he had to say about it, to quote:

Hello, I just wanted to provide everyone with a head's up that the next PLAYSTATION 3 system software update (v2.80) will be coming soon. The playback quality of some PLAYSTATION 3 format software has been improved.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for posting the news 51N15T3R and +Rep!

I wonder how long until 2.80 Debug leaks, considering it is already on the SCEA Press site.

It also appears they have put a damper on Open Remote Play according to PS3 Hacks:
    Sony has also put a damper on Open Remote Play. Those tricky bastards have seemingly “poisoned” the video stream... If you start the ORP client and establish a Remote Play connection, you’ll notice the video quickly becomes garbled nonsense and eventually the client bails. The good news — you can still make the connection, meaning the authentication hasn’t changed any…
    This is what Dashhacker had to say (basically the same thing):
    As some of you may already know, Sony has blocked Open Remote Play as of PS3 firmware v2.80, June 24th. At this time, ORP will no longer work for longer than about 30 - 60 seconds. I've only looked at the problem for a few minutes but it seems that they've "poisoned" the video stream by some means rather than changing the keys or cryptography.

I'll study what they've done and patch FFmpeg within the next... week? month? Not too sure how long it'll be before I can undo Sony's greedy brain damage.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

fw2_80.jpg  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    werd... i was just online 2 hours ago and it didnt asked me to upgrade my fw.

i'll check now..

Come on sony

Please let it include mkv playback.. It cant be that hard to integrate.

Alright, I updates this damn thing, what do I win... a bricked PS3, I for sure will sue those bastards if that ever happens, damn mandating an update.

I am worried about that EVERY time I update.... I paid alot for my irreplacable 60gb model and I dont want to lose it cuz $ony got its panties in a wad over ORP.... whatever. It had better contain something better than "system integrity enhancement" or whatever they call it.

Quote Originally Posted by A2theC View Post
    Alright, I updates this damn thing, what do I win... a bricked PS3, I for sure will sue those bastards if that ever happens, damn mandating an update.

I am worried about that EVERY time I update.... I paid alot for my irreplacable 60gb model and I dont want to lose it cuz $ony got its panties in a wad over ORP.... whatever. It had better contain something better than "system integrity enhancement" or whatever they call it.
    All the security will bite sony in the arse soon enough when ppl realize the console isn't theirs. I've felt the urge to buy a 360 for a while now. Mandatory firmware updates just seems stupid for real and i havent turned on my ps3 since i saw this because i cant bother with the prompt and not being able to go online when i don't want to upgrade.

1. Text chat increased the maximum limit of characters from 32 to 64 ...
    2. Update is NOT (as of yet) mandatory ...
    3. It seems to lock (for some users) the Mic volume at level 3 ...

I've noticed that my fan has gotten quite louder after the update. Coincidence?

This firmware version is not mandatory.

So, there are some people saying there is a evident "backdoor" posibility in this update... Maybe Sony wants to open his hand a little bit...

Quote Originally Posted by semitope View Post
    I've felt the urge to buy a 360 for a while now. Mandatory firmware updates just seems stupid for real and i havent turned on my ps3 since i saw this because i cant bother with the prompt and not being able to go online when i don't want to upgrade.
    You should know before you splash out on a 360 that their firmware updates are mandatory too, if you want to stay connected to Xbox Live. Exactly the same as PS3.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News