Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm certain they also do un-notified security updates regarding possible exploits while they never mention any of it. They just bake it in under 'Improved the playback quality of some PS3 format software' (which is a standing point in their change-log). They don't really mention what they do. I think there are alot of secrets regarding their firmware updates, probably hoping people will think their games will play alot better if they update

It is kind of ridiculous how controlling Sony is with our consoles. Skip updating and you can almost do nothing!

Sponsored Links

PS3 Firmware 2.80 Problems?

Sponsored Links
    Hi all. I am new to the forum and was wondering if anyone here has experienced any problems with the latest firmware update. A couple of guys on our local forum have bricked their 60gb ps3's during the update. It must be noted that both have had and repaired ylod on those machines in the past.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    Also - have anyone noticed that when you read message from your friend via triangle you'll end up at Message list (rather than at Friend list) AFTER closing that message ... ?
    Darn me - not as I though - sorry everyone

BUT - another nifty improvement was hidden in 2.80:

Now - when using Text Chat via In-game XMB you don't need anymore to push circle twice (or ESC on external keyboard) prior pushing PS button to be able to get back to game - MUCH better now especially as I use text chat quite ofen while in game / Home ...

Quote Originally Posted by Akafreakazoid View Post
    Hi all. I am new to the forum and was wondering if anyone here has experienced any problems with the latest firmware update. A couple of guys on our local forum have bricked their 60gb ps3's during the update. It must be noted that both have had and repaired ylod on those machines in the past.
    Firstly, can someone please tell me how to edit previous posts.

Secondly here is a link to the forum I spoke about earlier. Problem first mentioned on post 14 of that thread.

[Register or Login to view links]

Quote Originally Posted by Akafreakazoid View Post
    Firstly, can someone please tell me how to edit previous posts.
    With the exception of Staff, users can only edit their posts for (5) minutes here to fix any spelling/grammar issues, etc. After that, the edit button disappears basically.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News