Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Firmware 2.70 Released, Removed and Coming This Week!

Sponsored Links
    Earlier today, from GDC '09 a PS3 Firmware 2.70 announcement by Sony was rumored.

While we don't have an official word yet, PS3 Firmware 2.70 was confirmed present by [Register or Login to view links] (props to ssneeky10 for the link) including some of the resident PS3 Devs, albeit briefly, on Sony's servers before being removed.

Chances are either a last-minute issue with it was found, or it was mistakenly put it up for download and removed, similar to what happened for Life with PlayStation.

To quote: Just got this from a prominent PS3 developer at GDC: "PS3 Firmware 2.70 definitely this week. Developers got it yesterday."

The update was rumored to have gone live this afternoon, but was apparently withdrawn. Watch for an announcement in the next few days.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I mentioned it in the other thread, but will also post it here... if anyone managed to grab 2.70 before it was pulled from Sony's servers please upload it to RapidShare/MegaUpload/etc and post the link below and we'll add it to our Download section.

Several of the PS3 Devs are seeking to take a peek at it as well. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Unfortunately I fell asleep before it came out. I figured I would just download it later but as stated above it was pulled. Oh well I'll just have to wait and hope the rumors are as close to the actual update if not better.

I'll ask around if anyone I know grabbed it and see what I can do for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Veritech View Post
    I'll ask around if anyone I know grabbed it and see what I can do for you guys.
    Much appreciated... most people's download of it died before it was finished sadly.

Even if 2.70 goes public in the next few days, it will still be interesting to compare it to the 'early' version to see if there is anything different.

Must admit, it would be very interesting to see the 'early' version - I personally suspect they found a last minute security issue that could have led somewhere re homebrew!.

Either that or a bug similar to the one in one of the earlier firmwares (#? 2.4??) that caused problems. (I can't remember the full details now, but think it caused partial bricks or something - maybe just a need to manually re-applying it, can't remember now!)

Still - pulling it at the last minute kinda suggests either a major security issue, or potential for costing them lots of $$$ !

PSPSwampy.
    Damn them! (Seems $ony devs are getting better! maybe they've been recruiting from the scene!!! hahaha!)

Anybody know what's new with 2.70?

Arrow

See here for a list of what is rumored to be included in 2.70: http://www.ps3news.com/playstation-3...lable-q2-2009/

ps3fw 2.7

Im extremely happy to hear they are cutting down on the "sync with server" trophy load times!!! and a huge thumps up for adding web page usage in game, now i dont have to run back n forth from my pc to PS3 when reading epic long walkthroughs lol! GO SONY

I guess there might have just been some problems with the new chat-feature. I don't think they are testing system-security last minute. anyways I'm excited about the release.

Smile

hello,

just say i have see and i have tried to download it but at 80% the download stopped.

lol again

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News