Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HackITandC View Post
    But if it is possible to play MPEG file bigger than 4GB without problem up to the end, then I will change my opinion that PS3 limits all files moved to it on size of 4GB max.
    It definetly plays mpeg2 files over 4GB OK, but you do lose proper use of the transport controls (ie. fast forward and backwards). Its not ideal but if your going to watch a movie all the way through in one sitting then its all right, soon as you try forwarding it goes back to somewhere near the start of the movie and starts over.

Well thats my findings anyway.

Video playback ain't too great on the PS3 at the moment =\

Quote Originally Posted by djhazardous View Post
    Video playback ain't too great on the PS3 at the moment =\
    Its just picky about what it will play at the moment, but what it plays looks great on my HDTV. Hopefully 10 firmware updates or so down the road things might be looking better.

i followed the guide..

I used the 3.7gb files that i split from the 20gb movie file like the method that the giude showed from hacked2123. the outcome was ment to be able to be playd on the ps3 XMB. how ever the files came out as 123mb files instead of 3.7gb and were displayed as "unsurpported data" on the XMB.

is this normal for the result of a 3.7gb (.mpg) file, converted through VLC player to be able to be playable on the XMB, to be a 128mb file?

Still, there's no way to play them simultaneously huh?

Banned User
    No, only one at a time unless they add a playlist function to the video options.

Hi,

today I encode a couple of mp4 files for file size tests. My PS3 with fw 1.93 can correctly play .mp4 up to 4GB. Ie: 3.9GB file plays ok while files greater than 4.0GB are always reported as CORRUPTED DATA.

Please note: the PS3 file size is always reported correctly using the info option, either for smaller and bigger files.

me too the file up to 4GB is corrupted

on The hdd from the ps3 you can have Datas over 4 gb
    But on your extern not ... because there the Ps3 only except FAT

Quote Originally Posted by igi1234 View Post
    on The hdd from the ps3 you can have Datas over 4 gb
    But on your extern not ... because there the Ps3 only except FAT
    yes, I know...

I used remote NTFS drive to store my files and copied them on PS3 drive using network connection (Red Kawa - File Server program).

Again, the PS3 received the 4.1GB .mp4 file and reported the correct file size but the data could not played due to "CORRUPTED DATA" message.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast