Over the last few weeks, Motion-in Joy (linked above) has made available PS3 DualShock 3/SixAxis x64 and Windows 7 drivers, along with detailed instructions.
Download: http://www.motioninjoy.com/uploadfiles/www.motioninjoy.com_sixaxis_dualshock3_64bit.rar / http://www.motioninjoy.com/uploadfiles/SixAxis-dualshock3-USB-WIN7-32bit.rar PS3 SixAxis DualShock 3 for Windows x64 Instructions
1. Download from http://www.motioninjoy.com/blog/show/7
2. Install it, you can refer to http://www.motioninjoy.com/blog/show/5
3. This http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=dseo will let you run unsigned drivers on 64bit Windows system.
a. Use it to sign "C:WINDOWSsystem32driversMijUfilt.sys".
b. Enable test mode
c. Reboot your PC
4. Press PS button can work now PS3 SixAxis DualShock 3 Vista 64bit Driver
1. It can work on my Vista home premium 64bit debug mode.
2. You can download it http://www.motioninjoy.com/uploadfiles/www.motioninjoy.com_sixaxis_dualshock3_64bit.rar, because Windows 64bit system needs signed drivers from Microsoft.
3. Having issues? Use http://www.jungo.com/st/windriver_usb_pci_driver_development_software.html to get the driver signed. PS3 DualShock 3 SixAxis Windows 7 Driver
1. In Device manager, look for USB human interface device.right click "USB Input Device" check the VID&PID.
2. Click Update Driver select "Browse my computer for driver software"
3. Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
4. Select "Have Disk..."
5. Navigate to your download files. Select the "sixds3".
6. Select "MotioninJoy USB GamePad" and click Next.
7. Select "install this driver software anyway".
8. Your Device Manager will like it as follows.
9. Press PS button, now you can use SixAxis or Dualshock 3 as a general gamepad.
10. Download http://www.motioninjoy.com/uploadfiles/SixAxis-dualshock3-USB-WIN7-32bit.rar. More PlayStation 3 News...