Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I've played madden 2007 and resistance on an old POS 480i set and I can tell you that it looks great even next to a PS2. So 720p should be good enough for anyone, but I'll be getting a 37" 1080p HDTV Flat panel LCD within 6 months so we shall see.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yep, my HDTV will accept the 720p signal, and downconverts it to 540p. It looks so ugly. Im so disappointed.

Blu-Ray plays fine in 1080i, but the ps3 looks really ugly in component for some reason. There are faint visible lines that scroll upward, which usually mean a crappy cable, but Im using the same monster cables that were plugged into my ps2 which look fine on that. 360 looks much clearer. Im waiting for HDMI 1.3 tvs to come out, so a new TV purchase is not acceptable right now. If sony cant fix this, then its just a crappy blu-ray player to me. 360 and Wii are much better by comparison so far. At least I knew I was getting 480p with Wii.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by csmon View Post
    Yep, my HDTV will accept the 720p signal, and downconverts it to 540p. It looks so ugly. Im so disappointed.

Blu-Ray plays fine in 1080i, but the ps3 looks really ugly in component for some reason. There are faint visible lines that scroll upward, which usually mean a crappy cable, but Im using the same monster cables that were plugged into my ps2 which look fine on that. 360 looks much clearer. Im waiting for HDMI 1.3 tvs to come out, so a new TV purchase is not acceptable right now. If sony cant fix this, then its just a crappy blu-ray player to me. 360 and Wii are much better by comparison so far. At least I knew I was getting 480p with Wii.
    How about giving me a depreciated price on that PS3 you have, since you are not thrilled about it ????

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Standard tvs have or support 720p or 1080i which 720p would be better than 1080i imo. If you guys would have eduacated yourselves in HDCP you wouldnt have any video problems especially on a big investment tv + ps3. TV with HDCP is the answer to all your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiskull View Post
    That's me How's it going?
    Doing great. Thanks for asking. Always wondered what happened to those other forums that we used to be part of. They all of sudden vanished out of nowhere. Oh well, that was the past, moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Noamos View Post
    Standard tvs have or support 720p or 1080i which 720p would be better than 1080i imo. If you guys would have eduacated yourselves in HDCP you wouldnt have any video problems especially on a big investment tv + ps3. TV with HDCP is the answer to all your problems.
    why is hdcp going to solve there problems? plus, if you didnt mean hdcp (or if you did) how were early hdtv buyer's supposed to educated themselves on it. i mean, why should they have known what was going to come 3 years later?

this problem i still think is sony's fault. the ps3 should scale the video to the output resolution selected. The 360 does it, and my receiver even does it...why cant the ps3?

Nobody will really care about this problem since there are a small minority of people with HD-Ready TVs and an even smaller amount within that group that have older TVs that are encountering said problems. I don't think this will be a big issue in the long-run and it's kind of stupid to bring it up in a way that puts the PS3 under a negative light.

First of all, the title is wrong. PS3 DOES support 1080i . its your TV that doesnt scaling from and to 720-1080i etc.
    Well actually this problem isnt a real concern in EUROPE for example. We dont have HDTV CRT tv's here. HDTV began with the introduction of flatpanels (who are at least 720p anyway)

The title is NOT wrong. Sony knew that there were sets out there that cannot accept 720p and apparently refused to do what MS did and upscale 720p games to 1080i with their XB360.

Thanks for the info Radiskull on game resolution stats ... I was actually starting to put them together myself.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News