Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Exclamation PS3 Devs Seeking Dead Blu-ray Drive From Firmware 3.0 Update

Sponsored Links
    Recently Sony became involved in a class action suit over PS3 Firmware 3.0 issues.

The PS3 Devs are currently seeking someone to donate (or sell, if necessary) a PS3 Blu-ray drive that is confirmed to be dead from the v3.00 Firmware Update that Sony recently pulled.

It would also help if those who can't offer their dead drives could reply with their drive details.

For example, what type of PS3 console (CExxx number off the back) and what PS3 Firmware version that it had when it worked, and what the unit was updated to when it failed.

Note: Please be certain that the unit is v3.00 as it will be no help at all if after being found dead the drive was updated to v3.01 in attempt to fix it. Reply below if you can help us out- Thanks!

PS3 Devs Seeking Dead Blu-ray Drive From Firmware 3.0 Update

More PlayStation 3 News...

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    umm change the fw? for what?

Intro new options or close olds how the use bdj?

I have ppl say close it the use bdj on bd-rom disk in the fw 3.00.

Remember in last fw 2.50 the method for launch apps and others on a card,usb is closed (only valid format udf2.50+) but sony how always close it.

good luck at investigation and comment all success

1saludo

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    They just want to examine the update code on a drive killed by upgrading to Sony's 3.0 Firmware... basically as a "community service" type project.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Don't know if it helps I have a dead drive from 2.7 update let me know and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    Don't know if it helps I have a dead drive from 2.7 update let me know and good luck.
    That would be a MASSIVE help since they are looking for drives killed by the v3.00 update...

Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    I just asked one of the Devs working on this to confirm... Thanks for your offer twitch but to clarify it MUST be dead from the 3.0 update.

Those are the only ones they are 'interested' in examining for the time being.

Wouldn't a comparison of the dead 2.7 firmware machine and the dead 3.0 firmware machine help any in deciding if anything that bricked the machine was related to 3.0 firmware or not?

Well, both the Devs and Sony are aware of what happened in PS3 Firmware 3.0... which is obviously why Sony updated it to 3.01 in attempt to cover up their mess.

Unfortunately I can't go into further details at this time, but hopefully if/when someone here can donate/sell a confirmed PS3 Firmware 3.00 dead drive some light can be shed publically on it shortly afterwards.

This is actually quite a big deal due to the ongoing class action lawsuit where Sony is charging people $150 to repair PS3's out of warranty that they knowingly damaged from that specific Firmware update.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Well, both the Devs and Sony are aware of what happened in PS3 Firmware 3.0... which is obviously why Sony updated it to 3.01 in attempt to cover up their mess.

Unfortunately I can't go into further details at this time, but hopefully if/when someone here can donate/sell a confirmed PS3 Firmware 3.00 dead drive some light can be shed publically on it shortly afterwards.

This is actually quite a big deal due to the ongoing class action lawsuit where Sony is charging people $150 to repair PS3's out of warranty that they knowingly damaged from that specific Firmware update.
    Hmmm, I thought that 3.01 kills the drives and that's why I haven't upgraded. Should I upgrade or there's no risk now after playing lots of hours on 3.00? And don't tell me that there's no risk just to kill my drive and then send it to you Anyway, I hope someone sends a dead drive so you can let us all know afterwards what's going wrong with the version 3.00 fw.

I have myself 2 x dead BDROM drives from various PS3 systems. I could always read the flash from the motherboards and find out the system version. I'll get back to you later with my finds.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News