Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What you are saying is correct, but now problem solve the issue... think and take a step back. Your bd drive reads the disc, but then freezes at points were the drive is reading at its highest output for speed. So Com, console reads the game disc, but then does not have to read anymore, because the game has the log in passwords to patch into the servers. That's why you need the disc to play.

Sony will say that your playstations HDD is failing, but if that was the case you would not be able to boot up and play games. The drive reads but fails blueray media, but the same lens reads and and plays all medias that do not need the violet or the blue rays that read blueray disc. My first test was to take the drive out and put it in another ps3 that has 2.8... wow I was able to play heavenly sword for 3 hours. but I can tell the drive is a little damaged because of the choppines during game play, but that could be due to the way the drive was reading before.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by boostedcrx2 View Post
    What you are saying is correct, but now problem solve the issue... think and take a step back. Your bd drive reads the disc, but then freezes at points were the drive is reading at its highest output for speed. So Com, console reads the game disc, but then does not have to read anymore, because the game has the log in passwords to patch into the servers. That's why you need the disc to play.

Sony will say that your playstations HDD is failing, but if that was the case you would not be able to boot up and play games. The drive reads but fails blueray media, but the same lens reads and and plays all medias that do not need the violet or the blue rays that read blueray disc. My first test was to take the drive out and put it in another ps3 that has 2.8....wow I was able to play heavenly sword for 3 hours. but I can tell the drive is a little damaged because of the choppines during game play, but that could be due to the way the drive was reading before.
    I have several problems with what you've posted here:

1/. The same lens does not read both BD and CD/DVD media. The optics and lasers used are different.

2/. You claim that you swapped your drive into another console. This is not possible. The drives are paired with the console and they can not simply be swapped as you stated.

Regardless, if you have opened your console, the drive is useless and we can't rely on it for anything.

We only want standard machines that have failed and that have not been tampered with in any way. If it has been opened it is useless to us.

RPS.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I understand what you are saying, but maybe you misunderstood what I typed! The bddrive only has one lens, but there are several software demands that read differently. The higher speed is what I think was changed. The dvd rom, and playstation 2 games are slower speeds, they don't push the drive. The issue is the drive functions but when you put in a Blueraye game it will read, but when it freezes either you hard cut it off from the back, or you press the eject button and quit the game after the disc has been ejected, but whatever you do following either of those processes your drive will not read the blueraye disc thats in the drive or when you insert it back in.

You will have to power of the system and then it will read your blueraye disc untill it freezes again. But your Dvd's and playstation 2 games will always read. And all drives that have the same interlink can work in any playstation. I was not going to send you guys my playstation. I love my half messed up machine, lol. Mad at Sony, but The problem will get worked out because its something that can be tested to see the mistakes, all sony has to do is find a code that works for all models.

I hope this cleared up my last post, and I put my drive in a cech because they have the same data link as mine, his was bought in 08

Arrow

Please use the new thread to continue this discussion... it now is a bit more organized on what criteria the PS3 Devs are specifically seeking:

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/playst...es-108387.html

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News