Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have a 40gb cechg01 that wont read anything after the 3.01 update. Sony keeps telling me I need to pay $150 to get it fixed, which if that's the case Id rather but a new slim. I just get a feeling after I send it in to the devs they are gonna start offering free replacements like they're stsrting in Australia and I'll be SOL.

Sponsored Links

Be NORMAL!!!

Sponsored Links
    Just use ya ps3 the rite way and ya won't have any problems with drives ect, just buy a new ps3, you must have the money to get a new one because you messed about with the old knowing that you ain't a ps3 hardware technician, if people keep trying to home brew to avoid paying full price for titles for whatever console then console and games devs won't be able to make new and better stuff, they need they money so just be NORMAL and buy stuff or work for SCEE!!

Sponsored Links

Great POST!

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ellenardj View Post
    Just use ya ps3 the rite way and ya won't have any problems with drives ect, just buy a new ps3, you must have the money to get a new one because you messed about with the old knowing that you ain't a ps3 hardware technician, if people keep trying to home brew to avoid paying full price for titles for whatever console then console and games devs won't be able to make new and better stuff, they need they money so just be NORMAL and buy stuff or work for SCEE!!
    Let me be clear here - there's nothing wrong with mine, and i don't personally know anyone who has a problem with theirs - however...

I think you're missing the point entirely - The OFFICIAL firmware 3.00 (you know, the only one out there - the one that SONY release) well that firmware update caused a significant number of NORMAL user's PS3's drives to stop working - these were people who have done nothing more than use the PS3 for playing games, watching files, browsing the internet etc (you know the OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED activities!)

So before you get up on your high horse about 'hacking' and playing pirated games etc. etc. you should probably read more about the subject matter.

Nice 1st post BTW ;P

PSPSwampy.
    (Caught me on a bad day!)

Seriously though - is it just me or is the quality of first time posts going downhill.

I never hacked my unit and it stopped reading discs after upgrading to 3.01.

Hello, my name is David. I have a PS3 with the blueraye issues. Model number CECHE01, bought in 2007. My console ran perfectly. until the upgrades. I believe that 3.0 and 3.01 ran the same interferance in the consoles affected.

I have a little software knowledge from being a graphic designer and dealing with animation. Now this is only from what I have been trouble shooting, but here are my consoles symptoms. Plays dvd rom movies, my PS1 and 2 games. can play my downloaded games until I whipped the hard drive....can not play my blueray games they freeze, and when they freeze... I press the eject button, once the game has ejected I will quit the game, but after that the PS3 does not read that disc. I have to turn off the console and power it back on in order to read the disc.

This is were it gets tricky, because most people do not play there old games you would never know what worked fine and what did not. I can play socom confrontation all night and all day. Dragon ball z I can play online, has not froze up on me yet. After experiencing and testing all of my games.

It is my conclusion that there are games that run solely of the Blueray disc, but there are others that don't read as much like socom. Software if installed to run components in electronics. and that is what firmware is.... The firmware is telling the blueraye lens that reads at faster speeds to read even faster and just like most equipement there is a protect button, lol. well that protect is freeze, it locks up all readings on the disc. If this sounds funny, im sorry but its late I've been dealing with Sony all day.

They still say they have not heard of this issue before, and that's like a slap in the face. The only thing that I can explain why only certain consoles are effected is hardware. What powerplant was PS3 assembled at might have to do what parts are in your console. But we all know that sony puts the best in their products. I have done several other test which I will put up on this forum.

Hey all, I registered JUST to post in this thread. I have a PS3 60G model CECHE01. IIRC, this was a day1 machine. (I wait in line too often for toys)

I have to run off to work, so, I'll just post a [Register or Login to view links] to the thread I posted on the PS3 forums. Long story short: I have a 60G PS3 that died when I Installed 3.0 from whatever was the version before it. This wasn't a sputter and die thing, this wasn't a read error thing, this was a "update and stop reading discs instantly" thing.

Granted, I have since installed 3.01 in hopes that would repair the issue (it didn't) and am waiting for a firmware set to work properly on the drive I have. I feel it's more driver related instead of dead drive related as it was instantaneous in it's presentation of the issue.

I'll post more later... I have to go be Tech Support now.

does it count if the blu-ray drive died for a bit then started working?

hope i can help

PS3 update failure.

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAVE04 View Post
    I have a 40gb cechg01 that wont read anything after the 3.01 update. Sony keeps telling me I need to pay $150 to get it fixed, which if that's the case Id rather but a new slim. I just get a feeling after I send it in to the devs they are gonna start offering free replacements like they're stsrting in Australia and I'll be SOL.
    What version of the FW did you have prior to v3.01, did you uppgrade to v3.00 before that?

Where did you get this info about supposed "free replacements like in Australia"? We have seen no mention of this anywhere - please provide a link.

Contact Me with what you want for your dead unit, we'll see if we can come to some arrangement.

RPS.

Quote Originally Posted by boostedcrx2 View Post
    Hello, my name is David. I have a PS3 with the blueraye issues. Model number CECHE01, bought in 2007. My console ran perfectly. until the upgrades. I believe that 3.0 and 3.01 ran the same interferance in the consoles affected.
    As above,

Contact Me with details and we will work out how many of these we can get.

We know that the update was to blame, we now only need to obtain the proof.

RPS.

Quote Originally Posted by yabo View Post
    Hey all, I registered JUST to post in this thread. I have a PS3 60G model CECHE01.
    Contact Me with what you want for your dead unit, we'll see if we can come to some arrangement.

RPS.
    Last edited by RPS; 10-18-2009 at 02:10 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by RPS View Post
    What version of the FW did you have prior to v3.01, did you uppgrade to v3.00 before that?

Where did you get this info about supposed "free replacements like in Australia"? We have seen no mention of this anywhere - please provide a link.

RPS.
    here is the link to the australia article: [Register or Login to view links]

I went from 2.8 to 3.00 without any problems except Uncharted froze on me twice. So when 3.01 came out I updated because it was supposed to fix it. However that made my drive unable to read all discs. I put discs in and they dont spin.

Im still hoping Sony USA realizes what they have done and theyll start replacing units.
    Last edited by DJDAVE04; 10-18-2009 at 03:00 PM

Quote Originally Posted by boostedcrx2 View Post
    This is were it gets tricky, because most people do not play there old games you would never know what worked fine and what did not. I can play socom confrontation all night and all day. Dragon ball z I can play online, has not froze up on me yet. After experiencing and testing all of my games.
    That is because SOCOM Confrontation is a downloadable game that always runs on the HDD. Even if you buy the disc version, you still have to install and run it from the HDD. The software does a small check to see if you have the retail disc in to prevent you from installing it on all your friend's PS3s.

The disc version forces you to have the disc in the PS3 when you run it, but it does not actually run off the disc. This is why there is a mandatory install that is the same size as the online download version.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News