Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ok, here's what Ive done so far. First I tried opening the files in RCO editer, no go I just get 'Not a valid RCO'. Modifying the header to match that of a PSP RCO, I get 'Invalid RCO - you must use a decompressed (FW.260 or lower) RCO! (Z33's Resurssiklunssi should be able to do the job for you :P).

Trying to run Resurssiklunssi on my PSP Slim simply doesn't work, perhaps someone with a Fat PSP could modify the header and try Resurssiklunssi?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have a psp since it came out and i know pretty much about hacking the psp and all that. I have a psp with firmware 3.90-2 m33 it think now. And i played a few times with the rco editor to make some custom themes and that kinda stuff.

So i think i can help you guys on the rco part.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    more than willing to help

Quote Originally Posted by cherryduck View Post
    Ok, here's what Ive done so far. First I tried opening the files in RCO editer, no go I just get 'Not a valid RCO'. Modifying the header to match that of a PSP RCO, I get 'Invalid RCO - you must use a decompressed (FW.260 or lower) RCO! (Z33's Resurssiklunssi should be able to do the job for you :P).

Trying to run Resurssiklunssi on my PSP Slim simply doesn't work, perhaps someone with a Fat PSP could modify the header and try Resurssiklunssi?
    When using Resurssiklunssi on a Fat, it starts to decrypt the rco's (memstick light flashes) if you use either x or o, but powers off maybe 10 seconds later. tried both battery powered and plugged in. it's a shame this program doesn't use a logfile.

Also, extra information, I'm running 3.90 M33-3, with the Fat Patch (v2).
    I used a sysmem.prx from a 2.70 eboot to run Resurssiklunssi.
    Although installed in a 3.xx kernal format, (a single folder, in the GAME directory)
    it will only run under the 1.5 kernel.

it looks like the files aren't passing the header check, if someone can attach the PS3 rco's that have been modified to match the header of the PSP's rco files, i will test them. hint, hint cherryduck.
    Last edited by arlyn; 05-11-2008 at 11:42 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It would be nice if someone could specify exactly what we should be doing, the idea seems to be, to patch those .rco files, so we are able to decrypt them with the psp right?

If that's so, I try to help you out guys. But I just would like to know exactly what I'm supposed to be doing with them.

arlyn I have sent you an e-mail with the modified RCOs.

What do you guys want to accomplish because from where I'm standing it looks like an useless attempt to just try something which can never work because of the big difference in file formats? I think the solution I proposed is a bit more fact based and is more likely to work?

Quote Originally Posted by almar View Post
    What do you guys want to accomplish because from where I'm standing it looks like an useless attempt to just try something which can never work because of the big difference in file formats? I think the solution I proposed is a bit more fact based and is more likely to work?
    we want to uncompress the rco files from the ps3. it can work, there is no difference in file formats (rco, rco). the reason it's hard to uncompress them using psp .rco uncompressor programs is because they are designed specifically for the psp. a dev that created one of the psp uncompressors would have little trouble modifying the program to work with ps3 .rco files. it's possible that we'll have to wait until this happens for this to work.

Quote Originally Posted by cherryduck View Post
    arlyn I have sent you an e-mail with the modified RCOs.
    thank you.

Update. tried the modified .rco files provided by cherryduck, after "reading the language tables" it powers down. so progress... but not success.

thank you
    Last edited by arlyn; 05-11-2008 at 02:44 PM

Thumbs Up

Nice attempts thus far- a reminder to please ATTACH files (Post Reply -> Manage Attachments -> Browse to file) being worked on here though guys... this way everyone can check them out and perhaps see something another missed.

We have about 15 PS3 Devs who mingle daily in the private IRC channel, and with the exception of CJPC and 1-2 others only, the rest don't post on the Forums much due to not speaking great English or just not liking posting on public boards.

However, they would like to look at such things (as I'm sure other users here would) so just something to keep in mind... because if they discover something they generally pass along the info to CJPC to share here.

Hey Cherryduck, would be nice if we all had a chance to work on your modded versions of these files. You think you might be able to share them?
    Last edited by tsiturbotsi; 05-11-2008 at 10:57 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Cool, so I wasn't such an idiot to begin with.

I just tried something, didn't work but at least RCO editor didn't spit the dummy with errors. I pasted via Hex editor, a whole PSP RCO file infront of the PS3 RCO code. RCOEdit opened it fine, but only showed the PSP files. Like arlyn states, getting the original dev whom created the psp uncompressors, would be handy.

I'll keep looking for just the meat of the PS3 RCO file.

Also would it be possible for a Dev to upload another RCO file. Hopefully something like the music_plugin.rco, photo_plugin.rco, video_plugin_videotoolbar.rco, savedate_plugin.rco. Reason why I ask is that these are some of the PSP RCO and I wonder if the PS3 has the same ones name wise (of course with the different header, but they might be even more similar). I can post the whole PSP .RCO files used (i mean the file names) if anyone wants me to.

Dlna.rco and friendim_plugin.rco are not on the PSP.

Sponsored Links
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast