Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Square Button PS3 Delayed until November - Worldwide launch!

Sponsored Links
    SCEA Confirms Worldwide Simul-Launch
    Sony's next-gen console to hit Japan, US and Europe come this November.
    by Chris Roper
    March 15, 2006 - Sony Computer Entertainment announced today that its PlayStation 3 will see a simultaneous worldwide release in early November 2006. Hitting shelves in Japan, North America and Europe simultaneously, this marks the first time the computer giant has released any of its PlayStation products to multiple regions at the same time.

While a more specific date other than "early November 2006" wasn't given, it's obvious that Sony aims for the system to hit stores before the holiday shopping period begins. At its recent PlayStation Business Briefing 2006 in Tokyo, the company said that it aims to produce one million systems per month and a total of six million units before the end of fiscal 2006.

Featuring high-definition graphics, Blu-ray support for games and movies, broadband connectivity and more, Sony aims to recreate the PlayStation and PlayStation 2's massive success a third time.
    Source: [Register or Login to view links]

Also, PS3 will have a live like network and PS3 will utilize a 60GB HDD for gaming.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sony would be "business idiots" if they failed to release PS3 by the Winter Shopping Season they would lose possibly 40% of sales if they did after. Me personally that makes my price of the one i reserved even higher. Supply & Demand, Supply & Demand

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sony better get their butts in gear. According to the following article they are already losing money since they announced the delay.

[Register or Login to view links]

Heres another related [Register or Login to view links] about the November date and other details; also with other news, has some psp details such as an official Playstation Emulator for the psp among other things.

Big Grin PS3 Global Release Nov 11th!!!!!

Hey folks, I have been frequenting this site for awhile, and this is my first post, enjoy.

Last night while youse all were sleeping, Sony held a business conference in Japan and let loose some new PS3 details. These are not rumors, but actual words from Ken Kutaragi (Sony’s president) himself. Here’s the goods:
    - GLOBAL RELEASE NOVEMBER 11th
    - 60GB HDD 2.5" with pre-installed Linux OS will be included?
    - Dev kit specs fix as of today
    - Final PS3 development kits will be sent to developers in June
    - 10.000.000 BD-ROMS manufacturing capability per month @ cost around same as 2-layer DVD
    - Every PS3 game will be on a Blu Ray Disc, in an attempt to prevent piracy
    - Price will not be less than 50.000YEN (~$425USD)
    - PS3 will have HDMI support from launch
    - Sony plans to produce 1 million PS3s a month; 6 million PS3s for FY2006 (by the end of March 07)
    - Basic online service free, no details yet (could be XBLS for PS3)
    - Full backwards compatibility, hi-res and texture filtering for all titles (akin to what the Xbox 360 does to Halo)
    - The online service will be working off of GameSpy technology

Here's the Japanese Press Release: [Register or Login to view links]

Heh, Does anyone think Sony is getting arrogant after the 'success' xbox360 had in Japan, or are they not making the mistake that sega did when they rushed out the saturn to combat the original playstation? Honestly id rather wait 6 months for a better product, especially when it comes to hardware

i dont think sony is becoming arrogant and i too would rather wait longer for a better product as it looks like this will be a big investment for many a gamer. PSNP looks promising hopefully it works out

considering the fact that the pcb is going underprodution in June/July SONY should test the yield and put out a better console then wat MS did. THe xbox360 was just pathetic, I am one of the unlucky ones, even though I got mine for free it was really annoying that I had to wait 38 days to get a working console back from the repair center in Canada. I am on my 3rd xbox360 and if this one breaks I am just not going to bother with the console.

As far as PS3 goes I don't care about the price after last night, blu-ray + HDD for games = less load times which mean that the PS3 will not suffer the same fame as the xbox360's horrible 30 fps strategy.

Kutaragi also said that PS3 games would be released only on Blu-ray discs, as DVDs have become too easy for software pirates to duplicate. The high-capacity format is capable of storing around 50GB on a single disc. Sony reps confirmed the PS3 will still play DVDs and CDs, as well as PS2 and PS discs, as previously announced.

I just cant wait for this puppy to get modded, though it will be very expensive to make backups at the start of the systems life cycle.
    Last edited by sideshow; 03-16-2006 at 01:30 AM

The early games probably won't be utilizing anywhere near the 50 gigs. Perhaps someone will find a way to rip them to fit on DVDs, and trick the PS3 into loading them. Fighting piracy is pretty much futile, someone always finds a way around it.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News