Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Debug Firmware 3.20 Pics Reveal 3D Video Output Option

Sponsored Links
    Today VG247.com (linked above) has shared some screenshots of PS3 Debug Firmware 3.20 which appear to reveal a new '3D Video Output' XMB menu option.

While the 3.20 update is reportedly still "months away" for consumers, Sony previously confirmed that a simple PS3 Firmware update is all that is required to make the PlayStation 3 system compatible with 3D gaming.

To quote: "We've landed some pics of a new debug build of PS3's Firmware, clearly showing a "3D video output" option.

As you can see from the images below, the feature appears to be included in the 3.20 release, which is apparently now in the hands of developers.

There's been a great deal of talk about 3D games in recent months, with Sony especially being a strong supporter of the tech."

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That just makes me want 3d gaming to come even faster

Sponsored Links

Question

Sponsored Links
    Is this going to basically make the TV display video with the red/blue trimming that appears 3D when wearing glasses?

I hope so, because otherwise I'm guessing we would have to buy a new extremely expensive 3D type of television. I'm not rich, so I hope we can just update, buy some cheap 3D glasses and have fun with it, just like at a 3D theater.

Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfWar View Post
    Is this going to basically make the TV display video with the red/blue trimming that appears 3D when wearing glasses?

I hope so, because otherwise I'm guessing we would have to buy a new extremely expensive 3D type of television. I'm not rich, so I hope we can just update, buy some cheap 3D glasses and have fun with it, just like at a 3D theater.
    I might be mistaken but I believe its the digital 3D (Aka Expensive one).

Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfWar View Post

sony is pushing for the shutter glasses 3d technology. they even make their own shutter glasses.

it has been reported on numerous sites that 3d capable tvs are needed for the 3d technology coming out for the ps3. the red/blue 3d of which you speak has been around since the 70's i believe.

no matter when it first came about it is still old technology. some games may include the option to display the 3d content in the manner that you wish, however it is more than likely that most games developed with 3d in mind will only use the shutter glasses technology.

new technology is always pushed for consumers to well, consume and buy, buy, buy. personally i am going to have to wait until i get a stable/secure job at a game developer to be able to afford anything above and beyond my current 32" 720p tv. also the fact that the 3d still requires glasses is keeping me from completely embracing the technology.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

sony-3d-shutter-glasses.jpg  

I believe it requires you purchase a new 120hz LED TV. but I am more interetsed in when there is a leak on this 3.20 debug firmware. Hopefully some nice anonymous sources will share with us. Excited news indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by zhixiang View Post
    but I am more interetsed in when there is a leak on this 3.20 debug firmware. Hopefully some nice anonymous sources will share with us. Excited news indeed.
    Same here! Anything else this anonymous source can tell us?

i'm really impressed with how the debug firmwares are being "released" more frequently and before the retail fw

as for 3D tech, im not fully embracing it until there are more viable means of producing it without the need for a peripheral such as glasses!

still good to see that sony are embracing and driving forward the new tech rather than just letting this stuff pass them by like some

Banned User
    oh my god great. now i know why i bought my LG LH 9000 xD 3D im ready, come and pick me up

I can't wait to play tekken and other games in 3d *happy happy happy*

Arrow

3D TV = 3D games and Movies.

But he needs a 3D TV.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News