Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Controller Driver Available for Windows Vista

Sponsored Links
    Although Googling takes this back to at least [Register or Login to view links] and the Chinese author's [Register or Login to view links] linked in the application appears dead, I don't see this in our PS3 Downloads section yet so here goes, from the source link above:

A Chinese programmer has put together a PS3 controller driver that works with standard USB HID. That driver is called SixAxisDriver, and you can grab it right [Register or Login to view links]. Simply run the install, load the driver, reboot Vista, and your controller will be identified and will start working!

We do, however, already have a several similar utilities in our archive including a Sixaxis PS3 Linux Driver For PC and a Sixaxis PS3 Win32 Driver For PC among others for those interested... the more, the merrier eh? :p More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is good news I guess, but I myself already have one of those previous drivers installed .. This would've been an exceptionally good, ground-breaking news, if this driver supported the PS3 controller's bluetooth connection, hence meaning no wires even when using the controller with a PC.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hey guys, after a little googlin' i stumbled on a cool link. Theres a guy who's developed a nice tool to deal with the Sixaxis via Bluetooth.

[Register or Login to view links]

Look for BtSix - written by the poster 89ron

Hi, does this driver work on XP ?

It should, but if not the "Sixaxis PS3 Win32 Driver For PC" linked in the first post definitely does.

it worked just fine for me

Have just tried this with Windows XP SP3 and it works really fine, thank god. Now i can throw away my old joystick and use a good one. Thanks for pointing this.

It wouldn't work for me... shouldn't I be able to use it on any computer game?

tried this twice with Vista 64 bit with absolutely no luck at all. Tried running it and the libusb service in WinXP compatibility mode with no luck as well.

All PC games that support a controller. Plus you may need to configure the controller in windows before you use it in a game.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News