Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PS3 Bluetooth Headset details, new features via Firmware Update

Sponsored Links
    SCEA has [Register or Login to view links] that the official Bluetooth headset is to release in a bundle with SOCOM: Confrontation for a price of $59.99. However, the headset will also be available separately priced at $49.99.

Moreover, a PS3 Firmware update will be available this Fall which will give this Bluetooth headset special features that others do not have.

To quote: Additionally, the sexy new headset will usher in a PS3 firmware update that enables the following features:

- High-Quality (HQ) mode: This delivers high quality online voice chat and high bandwidth voice recording and playback, which is currently not available with any other Bluetooth Headset. For future PS3 games, HQ Mode also can enable or enhance advanced in-game features:

- Voice command (the ability to direct AI characters using voice)

- Voice animation (your in-game character mimics you during voice chat)

- Proximity chat (high quality voice playback in full surround sound to match all of the sound effects and voiceovers in the game)

- When docked in the supplied charging cradle, the Headset works as a desktop microphone while charging

- Automatic pairing of the Headset with PS3 system via a USB cable

- Exclusive PS3 on-screen indicator displays connection status, battery charge level, speaker volume level and microphone mute status at a push of a button More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Is there a function so I can go straight from the home page to the More News link? I liked how you could jump from the homepage to the article page without going through these threads.

Sponsored Links

Smile

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by pacific808 View Post
    Is there a function so I can go straight from the home page to the More News link? I liked how you could jump from the homepage to the article page without going through these threads.
    Yep, each Site News article has a PermaLink under it, which will bring you to the "full" article that the Forum links back to.

Sounds stupid to buy the headset alone, for $10 bucks more you get a game, even if its crappy it should at least be worth the bluray disk itself hehehe.

So it seems this will be my next game in my library, anyone knows when it will be out?

It would be nice if these new features could be used with existing hardware. I don't know about you guys but I hate having to buy hardware I already have.

Quote Originally Posted by omar8503 View Post
    It would be nice if these new features could be used with existing hardware. I don't know about you guys but I hate having to buy hardware I already have.
    you gotta expect some bonuses and added compatibility with first party hardware.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News