Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Its neat that you figures this out. But I dont know if I would feel comfortable cutting into a $600 piece of equipment. I think im just going to hold on to my PS2 for a while.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Of course most of us wouldn't want to do this, but it's still cool to know that somebody did.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Its also interesting to note that 1.30+ inhibits the use of Swap Magic...

Perhaps looking into the meat of that patch would tell you what they did, and that in turn would give us a direction in which to start looking to "un do" it.

ha ha, seems they've only black listed the later version! that is good to know. That might mean the new swapmagic wont work, but the xmb exploit might.

swapmagic 3.8 coder version

I imagine they just block the SLUS of Swap Magic but didnt do the other versions.

Sony are so stupid!! They should hire one of us to bloody block crap like Swap Magic!

Banned User
    Someone try what is stated earlier and burn a Blue Ray game onto a DVD and try and see if it works...

It won't work with only Swap Magic -> PS3 DVDR, mainly because Swap Magic puts the PS3 into 'PS2 Mode' when it loads... and you can't run PS3 games in PS2 Mode similar to how you can't run PS1 games in PS2 Mode on the PS2 (you need Breaker Pro for them, since it boots the PS2 into 'PS1 Mode' when loading).

Quote Originally Posted by eternal View Post
    I imagine they just block the SLUS of Swap Magic but didnt do the other versions.

Sony are so stupid!! They should hire one of us to bloody block crap like Swap Magic!
    I thought of the same thing...but the problem is that if they block the SLUS of Swap Magic there will be nothing stoping them ("Swap Magic Stampers") from using a legitimate SLUS say to Kingdom Hearts 2.

Paradox has had probably everything they've released in trinkles over their .NFOs done for a while. My guess is that they got a hold of a $DK somehow and did most of their work on it. They release these little bits to keep the interest going, as PS3NEWS has stated.

Eventually it will get to a point where firmware updates will be non eventful by means of some manner of having the PS3 use more then one firmware.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast