Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PS Home Manager: PS3 Firmware 2.5, Home 1.0 in October

Sponsored Links
    A PlayStation Home BETA participant with access to a restricted PlayStation Forums thread has passed along a potential release month -- October -- for the next major PlayStation 3 firmware update (v2.50), [Register or Login to view links] reports.

The date was suggested by Home manager "TedTheDog" who clarified, "late October is my guess." The update will supposedly include a bug fix for freezing and network errors currently affecting Home users.

Ted (just "Ted" is okay, right?) also hints that Home v1.00 could coincide with firmware v2.50's release -- Home is currently at v0.98.

Common sense, while not always a part of Sony's repertoire, tells us that Home 1.0 is the version that goes public -- we'll see. More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    All this seems like good news, but I don't think they are anything more than rumors or hunches as of now ... personally, I dont think Home would be launched before late november ... October sounds a bit too good to be true

Sponsored Links

Wink

Sponsored Links
    My guess is that they will make sure to release it before the Christmas buying season which usually starts right after Halloween.

Yea, definatley before Christmas as maybe just another reason to buy.

I've been waiting for Home for a long time. It's really going to take ps3 to the next level.

In October it goes public? That's fine. I've been waiting for it since i have a PS3.

I hope Home is not a part of the 2.5 download, i don't want Home so i see no reason to fill up my already full hdd with something i won't use.

wow, it really is ridiculous on how long Home was postponed. I've had my ps3 since it came out and im still waiting, i hope its not dissapointing.

Banned User
    I've been waiting for Home, the BETA is good but it have a lot of bugs. I will read about the new firmware!! hope it comes soon

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News