Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Problem with PS3 HDD

Sponsored Links
    Today I tried turning on my PS3 and noticed something odd... Its stuck at the wavy lines start up screen after the orchestra sound.

I heard beeping noises, and noticed the yellow HDD light was off. I restarted the system, nothing changed. After about 3-4 restarts, I was finally able to get to my XMB, and the yellow HDD light was on.

So I went and continued my game of Heavenly Sword. But once it got to a cut scene, the game became very choppy, and eventually froze. A few minutes later, the same beeping noise was heard.

Restarted the PS3, and now the yellow light won't come on again. All it shows on the TV screen is something like this:

"Cannot Start. The correct hard disk was not found."

Anyone know how to fix this?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Have you had a look at the HD to see if its come loose?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I just took it out, and plugged it back in, seems tight enough. I then took it out and plugged it into my computer... my computer does not detect anything.

Can anyone tell me what happens when you plug in a PS3 HD into your PC's SATA ports? Does it at least show up under device manager?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by xDarKnighTx View Post
    I just took it out, and plugged it back in, seems tight enough. I then took it out and plugged it into my computer... my computer does not detect anything.

Can anyone tell me what happens when you plug in a PS3 HD into your PC's SATA ports? Does it at least show up under device manager?
    I've no idea if its supposed to show up under device manager, but I think I might have read somewhere on this site that you have to reformat the drive afterwards to get it to work back in the PS3.

no you wont see the drive in the mass storage device section but you can reformat the drive in your computer and put it back on your ps3 then the ps3 wil reformat it again and problem solved

Well, how can i format it if i can't even see it anywhere under device manager? Hell, I even tried going into the BIOS to see what hard drives are connected at the moment, but I did not see the PS3 hard drive listed.

If you can't see it in the BIOS of your PC then its knackered.

Does the SONY warranty cover defective hard disk? Can i just send them my hard disk for a replacement, or would i need to send them my entire system?

Can I go to Seagate directly?

try right clicking on my computer and going to drives and see if u can see it there instead.

Quote Originally Posted by xDarKnighTx View Post
    Does the SONY warranty cover defective hard disk? Can i just send them my hard disk for a replacement, or would i need to send them my entire system?

Can I go to Seagate directly?
    If your hard drive is defective you will have to send back the entire PS3 to get it replaced. A friend of mine had his PS3 go in a format loop or something but was able to return it at the Sony Metreon store.

Recently for me my PS3 decided to stop displaying any picture or produce any sound after sitting on my table off since the Heavenly Sword demo.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News