Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Prison Inmates' PlayStations Now Banned Due to Escape Fears

Sponsored Links
    Just over a month ago it was rumored that crime lords were running empires from jail via PlayStation consoles.

Today it appears some prison officials are taking no chances, and are banning inmates' PlayStation 3 consoles amid escape fears.

To quote: A prison has banned inmates from using PlayStation 3 games consoles because they fear they could be used in an escape attempt.

Inmates at Rye Hill prison, near Rugby, Warwickshire, were found to be using the consoles' built-in wireless connections to chat to friends outside prison.

Wardens have confiscated the consoles over fears they pose a "significant threat" to prison security. A spokesman for the Prison Service said:

"PlayStation 3 consoles are barred on the grounds that they have the capability to send and receive radio signals as an integral part of the equipment."

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    WHAT? who gets to use a ps3 in prison? what kind of jails are these?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Why the heck do prisoners get to play PS3, they are in prison so they can think about what they did and how its affecting their lives by being locked up, not to play games all day.

Isn't the English prison system wonderful!!

This world has lost the plot I swear

Doesn't suprise me we are in a recession with tax money going there. There are people who cant afford a xbox let alone a PS3, where as they could cause some crime and 'live the high life' (in their eyes). Human rights fair enough but this is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by wormie123 View Post
    Isn't the English prison system wonderful!!

This world has lost the plot I swear

Doesn't suprise me we are in a recession with tax money going there. There are people who cant afford a xbox let alone a PS3, where as they could cause some crime and 'live the high life' (in their eyes). Human rights fair enough but this is just stupid.
    The way I see it is if you have ended up in prison you have voided your Human rights and since you clearly can't function in a society built around Law and Order you don't deserve to be called a human. I say just dump them all in the jungle and let nature take its course, the strong will survive the week will die.

So frustrating

I don't care what put them in jail/prison, from smoking pot to raping and killing, "privilages" such as sitting on your ass all day smoking playing video games are NOT what they are in there for.

I agree with D3M0N2009, I worked my ass off for a long time to save for my ps3 and I was able to buy it a year after release when the price dropped (which made me have to save less ), to date I still only own 3 games (saving for more).

This is disgusting how these BAD people are treated. I don't think they should be allowed to spend any of their money while they are in there, probably stolen, or accept "gifts" like a $400-600 ps3.

Thanks for the news post PS3 News, but this news ruined my day...

Quote Originally Posted by D3M0N2009 View Post
    The way I see it is if you have ended up in prison you have voided your Human rights and since you clearly can't function in a society built around Law and Order you don't deserve to be called a human. I say just dump them all in the jungle and let nature take its course, the strong will survive the week will die.
    Sorry D3mon, I have to disagree. If you are voided of your rights in prison that means they can torment you. And you have to understand that good people go to jail too.

I'm not against banning Tv's and anything remotely fun. But you also have to understand some things don't fit the crime, and from what I have heard just being in prison is bad enough.

The best way I can explain it is this, Assume you were taken from your house at 3AM and taken to a prison. Your human rights are protecting you from being tormented in that prison, and if those were gone regardless of if you did anything or not. Human rights were made to protect the innocent FROM the police system, and although they are exploited by the bad you can't get rid of them because the repercussions are worse then the exploits.

They should get old Xbox consoles to play instead of PS3's. That way when the consoles red ring of death. Then they would know what it's like to loose another freedom and be heart broken more as something else was just taken a way. Then they can sit and wish they had it back.

Lightbulb

why don't they just secure their network so the inmates can't connect to the net?

So it's ok to make a collect call to my friends outside prison but it's not ok for me to chat with them on the prison's ps3? Anyway, must be nice to lift weights all day and play ps3

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News