Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Premium PSN Slated to Be Announced By Sony at E3 2010

Sponsored Links
    The rumored new premium online subscription service, which will cost around 50 per year, is slated to be unveiled by Sony at E3 2010 according to VG247.com (linked above).

This news comes as no big surprise as Sony sent out a survey via IPSOS Online Research on the new service several months back to users.

To quote: "According to a highly-placed source, Sony will announce a large-scale monetizing scheme for PSN at the LA show, but we're assured nothing planned will impact the service's current free aspects.

A string of features will be revealed, apparently costing "less than 50 per year".

Sony will confirm plans to give all subscribers one free PSN game per month, from a choice of "two to four" every month.

"If you work it out, PSN games cost an average of 6-9 each, so over a year you're basically going to be breaking even," said our source.

A streaming music application similar to Spotify will be announced in Sony's press conference on June 15. It's thought that this can run in the background while playing games.

Rumours that cross-game voice chat is being saved as a paid feature are apparently not true, we were told."

Premium PSN Slated to Be Announced By Sony at E3 2010

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Cross-game voice chat was the one feature I was looking forward to. That kinda sucks that it's been taken off the list (just for now hopefully). That one PSN game a month seems like good incentive though. Might actually get my money on that one...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The free one PSN game seems interesting, but if the choices for user to choose from are not good or appeal to the user, then it is a waste.

Have to say, the survey was poorly conducted. Instead of getting some online research company to collect the data, they should have just send an official e-mail to most, if not all, PSN users and ask how they think, that way, everyone can get their opinions counted. Otherwise, like other users who are not able to contribute, my opinion/voice did not get counted.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I really can't see this taking off too well as the free psn that everyone has has most of the things that those playing on it want and there doesn't seem to be too much that can or will be added to justify paying for psn.

Quote Originally Posted by tjay17 View Post
    I really can't see this taking off too well as the free psn that everyone has has most of the things that those playing on it want and there doesn't seem to be too much that can or will be added to justify paying for psn.
    I, for one, would not subscribe to this. Barely use PSN when free, except for the last couple months, so I would not even bother to pay for it.

Yeah. Unless they stuff it with tons of features that are actually worth it I just can't see it being a success. I already have Xbox live and pay for that.

I don't see what Sony could do or implement that Xbox live hasn't already done. The 1 free game a month would be cool, but that's only if their actually decent games. Unless they really come out with something really great, as of now I just can't see my self subscribing to it.

I hope I'm wrong though..

1 game per month :S... damn.... My HDD is gonna fill up. They better find some system like the Nintendo Wii with the Wiiware from an SD.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by weii View Post
    The free one PSN game seems interesting, but if the choices for user to choose from are not good or appeal to the user, then it is a waste.

Have to say, the survey was poorly conducted. Instead of getting some online research company to collect the data, they should have just send an official e-mail to most, if not all, PSN users and ask how they think, that way, everyone can get their opinions counted. Otherwise, like other users who are not able to contribute, my opinion/voice did not get counted.
    Maybe if they just bothered to read their own forums, they could have saved a bucket load of money on surveys... but at least some good can come from this. with paid subscription, they can at last pay coders to try in give users the features they want!

That's their selling point... 1 Free game a month? Lets see, they will probably be ps 1 classics at that. If you look at it, it really isn't that solid of a deal. You basically cough up some money for Random games per month, and who is to say you will like the said random game?

That's plain old fashioned retardism on sonys part. They need in game voice chat for me to even contemplate forking over that amount, and it would e a long shot still. I say save your money and buy PS games YOU want to buy, dont play the "Sony Lottery"!

Luckilly - it will cost me less than 0 as all my PS3 are still on pre 3.21 FWs...

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News