Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Popular Science: PlayStation Move is Best of What's New in 2010

Sponsored Links
    Today PS3 Marketing Manager Kim Nguyen has announced that Popular Science has deemed and awarded PlayStation Move as the best of what's new in 2010!

To quote: By now, many of you have thrown a punch in The Fight: Lights Out, returned a serve in Sports Champions' table tennis, or scored a headshot in MAG.

After spending some time with PlayStation Move themselves, some of the industry's top critics have seen first-hand the power and precision of the PlayStation Move platform.

As a result, Move has been recognized with one of the industry's most coveted awards. We're very excited to share with you that Popular Science has awarded PlayStation Move with their 2010 Best of What's New [Register or Login to view links] in the home entertainment category, an accolade we're extremely proud of.

The editors of Popular Science selected Move as the only video game technology worthy of the honor this year, calling it the "[Register or Login to view links]" on the market and "the first motion-capture game system accurate enough to attract the hardcore gamers who consider the Wii and Microsoft Kinect to be kids' stuff".

But that isn't the only honor PlayStation Move has earned as of late. Recently, Move was also named a CES Innovations 2011 Design and Engineering [Register or Login to view links] in the electronic gaming hardware category.

In addition, Move was awarded the National Parenting Center [Register or Login to view links] in the video game category. Each of these honors demonstrates Move's ability to provide a versatile experience and also speaks to the variety of software already available.

When we set out to develop Move, we knew it had to offer something for everyone. It had to improve and build upon the core gaming experience that PlayStation fans have come to expect from their PS3 system, but it also had to open a new dimension of entertainment to those who may have never considered themselves gamers.

If these awards are any indication, I'd say we've succeeded at what we set out to do. With games like The Fight: Lights Out, Heavy Rain, Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition, SingStar Dance and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11, to name a few out this year, and an already exciting lineup of 2011 games - including Killzone 3, SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALS and LittleBigPlanet 2 - we remain committed to offering the most immersive motion gaming experience available.

Popular Science: PlayStation Move is Best of What's New in 2010

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Wonder why they chose Move over Kinect. Controller-less seems like better tech imo. maybe it's a paid for by $ony recommendation

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think that Kinect has huge potential, but unfortunately it isn't quite there. I find it can be glitchy, especially when hand movements become obscured by your body. Also it doesn't track movements quite as smoothly as we have all been lead to believe.

I wouldn't be suprised if, in the future, PSMove style light orbs were released to help with tracking! Or what we be kinda kool, Light gloves - so you could still have your hands free!

Having both Wii and PS3, i like Wiimote more.

Move beats Kinect ? Wow, this is a surprise. But never mind, Move deserves it.

Of course Move beats Kinect, Kinect games don't actually work - that is, the games play themselves, and there is video proof now The player barely has any influence on what's actually going on.

I personaly own a move, and it isnt that impressive as it was described, so I guess Sony dropped them some bucks.

I own Move, and have a friend with Kinect, so I've played them both quite a bit.

Honestly, the idea of Kinect is great, but the implementation of it has fallen from the mark. As was said, it's glitchy. I've found it laggy at times, and more often than not, it just doesn't register movements properly. The voice commands only work maybe one out of eight times you say them. We've tried talking normal, yelling, and even screaming with the same results.

I know it sounds like I'm bashing Kinect, but I'm really not. This is my true account of what happens with it. Many others have posted as well about the troubles of actually using it even after countless recalibrations. I know some people report not having any issues, but if your product can't reproduce the same results across the board, there's a flaw in the product, not the user. The technology is great and fun to play... when it works.

So far as Move is concerned, it may not be as "advanced" as Kinect, but there are no worries about it actually working with the precision and control you expect from it. Reviews back this up as well as you don't see any one talking about how the Move doesn't track well or didn't register their motions.

So yes, I can see Move getting the award over Kinect. Not because of the conceptual idea of what it is, but rather how it performs in the real world.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News