Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11



  1. #1
    Forum Moderator PS3 News's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    28,642
    Sponsored Links

    PlayStation Network Cards Selling in Game Cases in Europe

    Sponsored Links
    It appears Sony Europe has money to burn, as they will be selling PlayStation Network Cards in standard Blu-ray game cases in Europe.

    They will be available in September, in both 20 and 50 denominations.

    To quote: "PlayStation Network Cards are, for some, the only way to add credit easily to your PlayStation Network wallet.

    The idea is simple - purchase a PlayStation Network Card from a shop, enter the 12-digit code and fill up your Store wallet.

    The odd thing? SCEE will be using real plastic Blu-ray boxes to house them in, presumably so it makes you think you're getting something tangible and also, we guess, to make the retail outlets a bit happier."

    PlayStation Network Cards Selling in Game Cases in Europe

    PlayStation Network Cards Selling in Game Cases in Europe

    More PlayStation 3 News...

  2. #2
    Contributor Mexicodude908's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    192
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    this is stupid why waste the money and plus it takes up space in the store. I mean what do they need an entire shelf for a bunch of psn cards lol. bad form sony making people think you get something more for their money whats next selling game manuals in boxes.

  3. #3
    Contributor maxpwer222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    86
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Mexicodude908 View Post
    this is stupid why waste the money and plus it takes up space in the store. I mean what do they need an entire shelf for a bunch of psn cards lol. bad form sony making people think you get something more for their money whats next selling game manuals in boxes.
    Who cares what they sell it in? I am just happy that they exist.

    If a store is really worried about the space, then they will not sell them. Also, if you buy this will you honestly think it is anything else other than a PSN card? I can see this being an issue if you cannot read. Aren't game manuals already in boxes like with the game?

  4. #4
    Forum Moderator PS3 News's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    28,642
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpwer222 View Post
    Who cares what they sell it in?
    I agree, but it's humerous how many people are ranting about it being a waste of money, bad for the environment, etc. Gotta love them tree huggers, eh?

  5. #5
    Contributor Mexicodude908's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    I agree, but it's humerous how many people are ranting about it being a waste of money, bad for the environment, etc. Gotta love them tree huggers, eh?
    Lol my environment wasnt my first concern but my big thing was its will take up to much space in the store, dont you think it takes up way too much shelf space i still love the cards

  6. #6
    Contributor maxpwer222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    I agree, but it's humerous how many people are ranting about it being a waste of money, bad for the environment, etc. Gotta love them tree huggers, eh?
    They are right up there on my list of annoying people right next to vegetarians and politicians.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mexicodude908 View Post
    Lol my environment wasnt my first concern but my big thing was its will take up to much space in the store, dont you think it takes up way too much shelf space i still love the cards

    I am not sure about Europe to be honest and here in the states no games are really out on display on a shelf. They are either in a case or one copy is out while the rest are behind the counter. It will take up just as much room as a PS3 game so I think it is a fair.

    Also, I would think that it is going to be a bit harder to steal in a case instead of being glued to a couple inches of cardboard.
    Last edited by maxpwer222; 08-24-2009 at 09:53 PM

  7. #7
    Contributor semitope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    605
    I'm no tree hugger but it looks like a real waste. I thought they meant small cases when I read the title but a full case just for a card? If someone buys a lot of these cards, how would they feel about tossing the case. They could have gotten away with a case like what was used with sd cards and the like. This is just wtf funny... whose idea was it?

  8. #8
    Contributor justMaD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    39
    i like the extra case and i actually need a replacement case for a broken case i got with a used game i bought.

    people just like to get something they can actually "grab" for that kind of money and a case is better than just a little card ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpwer222 View Post
    I am not sure about Europe to be honest and here in the states no games are really out on display on a shelf. They are either in a case or one copy is out while the rest are behind the counter. It will take up just as much room as a PS3 game so I think it is a fair.

    Also, I would think that it is going to be a bit harder to steal in a case instead of being glued to a couple inches of cardboard.
    the usual electronics stores and bigger supermarkets over here in germany (that i've been in) have the actual games (more than one copy of each game) out on the shelves.

    if they just had the cards, they'd have to sell them right at the check out, because of the stealing aspect (which would suck for them, because they already have a lot of stuff there). but with the case they can just toss them into the shelves and maybe more cutomers actually can see them.

    dunno about specialized gamestores, we don't have that many of them in germany and certainly not in my rather "rural" area (even if there were, i wouldn't buy there, because game prices in germany suck anyway (like up to $100, and the price won't drop for a few years, even if you can get the game imported for like $15)). they could live with just the cards at the counter, as they are specialized anyway.

    but as there are more general stores, the case is definately the way to go (at least in germany).

    */walloftext

  9. #9
    Contributor lezek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3
    Finally we have some psn cards!

  10. #10
    Senior Member AKmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    61
    Damn this is just another sucking people money idea, i hope PS3 got hacked soon. Then I will play the pirate game for the pay back

 
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News