Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PlayStation Move for PS3 Available Starting September 19, 2010

Sponsored Links
    John Koller, the director of Hardware Marketing for Sony, has brought news from E3 2010 - this time a release date for the Playstation Move and details on the official Move Charger and Shooting Attachment.

To quote: It's a big day for PlayStation as today we unveiled an unparalleled software lineup, a premium extension to the PlayStation Network called PlayStation Plus and huge momentum on the hardware front with 3D gaming and PlayStation Move, at the [Register or Login to view links] in Los Angeles.

With the launch of the world's first 1:1 motion gaming platform for the PlayStation 3 system, PlayStation Move, in North America on September 19, 2010, this truly changes everything. Never before has a player been able to "become" the character in the game... until now.

PlayStation Move puts you right in the middle of the action with deep, rich high definition graphics, dynamic gameplay and complete immersion into the game, all of which is only possible on the PlayStation 3 system.

As we previously announced at GDC, PlayStation Move will be available at retailers in North America in a variety of options starting September 21, 2010:

PlayStation Move motion controller - Available as a standalone for $49.99 (MSRP).

PlayStation Move Bundle - Includes one PlayStation Move motion controller, a PlayStation Eye camera, Sports Champions Blu-ray game and PlayStation Move game demo disc for $99.99 (MSRP).

PlayStation 3 Sports Champion Move Bundle - An introductory package for PS3 newcomers, the PlayStation 3 Sports Champion Move Bundle includes a PS3 system, a PlayStation Move motion controller, a PlayStation Eye camera, Sports Champions Blu-ray game and PlayStation Move game demo disc, all for only $399.99 (MSRP)

Additionally, the PlayStation Move navigation controller and PlayStation Eye camera will be available for $29.99 and $39.99, respectively. But wait, there's more! This fall, we're also bringing you two additional Move peripherals that will complement your gaming experience.

PlayStation Move "Charging Station" - Available for $29.99 (MSRP), the Charging Station will allow you to charge two PlayStation Move motion or navigation controllers at once, without connecting them to the PS3.

PlayStation Move "Shooting Attachment" - Available for $19.99 (MSRP), the Shooting Attachment takes arcade shooting games to a whole new level. The Shooting Attachment snaps directly onto a motion controller and allows gamers to hold the motion controller like a gun, creating a more precise and immersive experience for games like The Shoot! and Time Crisis: Razing Storm.

Today's press conference wasn't just about the new hardware - we also showcased incredible software support with a diverse range of gaming content and genres that deliver something for everyone in the family. [Register or Login to view links] and our publishing partners will release more than 40 PS3 titles by March 2011 that either support, or are dedicated to the new PlayStation Move platform.

Our publishing partners are bringing some of their biggest games to PlayStation Move such as [Register or Login to view links], [Register or Login to view links], [Register or Login to view links], [Register or Login to view links], and Toy Story 3.

Friends and families of all ages can get off the couch and get into the action with titles like EyePet, Sports Champions and LittleBigPlanet 2 that bring incredible realism and creativity to the living room.

Core gamers can expect to immerse themselves in titles like Heavy Rain, [Register or Login to view links] and SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs, with incredible precision and realism that was never before possible.

I'll say it again - the PlayStation Move launch will truly change everything. We can't wait for you to get your hands on PlayStation Move this September and see for yourself how it will transform and enhance the way you play. Leave us your comments and let us know what you're most looking forward to when PlayStation Move hits store shelves!

Below is a list of PS3 and PSN titles that will support PlayStation Move:

September 2010

Sports Champions
    Eye Pet
    Kung Fu Rider
    Start the Party!
    echochrome 2 (PSN)
    Tumble (PSN)
    Tiger Woods PGA TOURŽ 11 (Electronic Arts)
    Toy Story 3: The Video Game (Disney Interactive Studios)
    The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn’s Quest (WB Games Inc.)
    Brunswick Pro Bowling (Crave)
    Resident EvilŽ5 Gold Edition (Capcom)
    Time Crisis: Razing Storm (Bandai Namco)
    R.U.S.E. (Ubisoft)

October 2010

Hustle Kings
    PAIN (PSN)
    TV Superstars
    The Fight: Lights Out
    The Shoot
    High Velocity Bowling (PSN)
    Heavy Rain
    NBAŽ 2K11 (2K Sports)
    Kung Fu LIVE (Virtual Air Guitar Company)

November 2010

Sly Collection
    SingStar Dance
    LittleBigPlanet 2
    Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos (Crave)
    Disney Tron Evolution the Video Game (Disney Interactive Studios)

Fall 2010

Beat Sketcher (PSN)
    SOCOM 4
    John Daly’s ProStroke Golf (OG International)
    Racquet Sports (Ubisoft)

TBA 2011

Sorcery
    Heroes on the Move
    Killzone 3

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yea this looks expensive mainly because it is. I really wish they had a better package going. I really want the Move controller and that Shooting Attachment. Why are they not in a package with the eyetoy. I really dont want that stupid demo and the game i would rather have the hardware and then only have to buy the charger this sucks.

Also why do they have a gun that you can put the Move controller in if they sell the shooting attachment. I mean why would i wanna buy something and then not have it work as well as if i just bought the attachment.

Sponsored Links

Question

Sponsored Links
    Are those really the only games that will support it? I think that only includes the ones that are getting released, not the ones that have been out for a while I guess, considering SOCOM is not on the list...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by aleXtrm View Post
    Are those really the only games that will support it? I think that only includes the ones that are getting released, not the ones that have been out for a while I guess, considering SOCOM is not on the list...
    RE5, Hustle Kings, PAIN and HVB will be most probably just updated to support the Move controller the same way some of the current games are being updated now to support 3D.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News