Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PlayStation Move Controller Schematics Revealed in FCC Listing

Sponsored Links
    A few months back a PlayStation Move FCC listing was uncovered revealing Model CECH-ZCM1U, and today SiliconEra.com (linked above) has discovered schematics of exactly what makes Sony's PlayStation Move Controller function with the PS3 entertainment system.

To quote: "This is what's inside, according to a schematic drawing from a patent filed by Sony Computer Entertainment America.

The accelerometer tracks motion. The gyroscope detects orientation. The magnetometer measures the direction and strength of nearby magnetic fields. And here's a diagram of the circuit board."

Those interested can check out the PlayStation Move Controller schematics below.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    at least we know it has vibration so it won't be a fail like the first controller.

Sponsored Links

Question Quick Question

Sponsored Links
    I was wondering what is the magnetometer for?? i know the rest, just not that?

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown View Post
    I was wondering what is the magnetometer for?? i know the rest, just not that?
    Most likely so it knows which way is North. Possibly for tracking and integrating true direction into games, because they're crazy like that.

I really hope they lose 404, or mocap, its a bit of a waste. Just add an extra accelerometer and a few fiducials across the device, it would accomplish the same thing and possibly more. I don't like it, they had a chance to do something great, and they made that thing that looks like a scepter. I feel like this is something my sorc should have held back in the D2 days.

Eh they could have given it a cooler design, I agree with MagikRevolver said kinda looks like a wand, and i dont feel like playing wizzard in all of those bound to be cheasy games that are going to come out for it... i can see a plus side though if the ps3 is ever hacked then we should be able to make a wii emulator lol

the magnetometer is needed to have a specific direction each time it boots. this way it knows how much you turn it and where you turn it in comparison to the Poles.

It is very complicated, despite this system being based on the nintendo wiimote.. even as they innovate and their emphasis on detection of moving is more intuitive.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News