Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PlayStation Home 1.4 Update Arrives: Voice Chat, Groups & More!

Sponsored Links
    A few days ago PlayStation Home Client Update version 1.4 was first announced, complete with a changelog and features, and today SCEE's Home Community Lead Alex Weekes has shared some last-minute launch details, as follows:

As we announced last Friday, tomorrow we will be releasing a new version of the PlayStation Home client: 1.4 is here!

In addition to the features already announced - new wardrobe, grouping, and voice chat - there are several other noteworthy improvements and additions.

First amongst those is the new Character Status settings, enabling you to set a status from a variety of new options including Happy, Sad, Busy and more! Even better, many of these status options will adjust your avatars facial expression and idle animations to match.

Other changes coming with 1.4 include improvements to the menu pad and Navigator, which can now be accessed directly by holding down the Start button. With the new cross-game invite support, you can invite your friends to join you in Home more easily than ever before.

The new 1.4 client also brings numerous bug fixes, performance improvements and more. Full patch notes will be on the official forums.

Note: When you start Home to apply the 1.4 patch tomorrow, please wait for the orange "hard drive activity" light to stop flashing on your PS3 before commencing the patching process.

Moving on from 1.4, we have a range of new content for you this week. Leading the way is an update to the LittleBigPlanet space, where the LittleBigDerby has arrived! LittleBigDerby is an addictive multiplayer (up to 8!) game involving shooting targets with paintballs.

The more targets you hit, the more points you earn... the more points you earn, the faster your racer will progress towards the finish line! Watch out for bonus point opportunities available when hitting targets with the correct coloured paintball.

Check out the LOOT store this week, where you'll find great new content. There's festive season furnishings, including presents, a tree, and a throne. You'll also find the first batch of their fantastic Aliens vs Androids costumes. Watch out for more coming soon, including a bundle pack!

Rounding out the update for this week there's a range of other new content in the Shopping Centre, including:

- Standees from Top Cow's comics Magdalena, and Witchblade.
    - New footwear and bracelets from Lockwood.
    - Australia and New Zealand football kits from Konami

Finally, please note that the Uncharted 2: Among Thieves public space will be removed temporarily tomorrow while we carry out important back end updates.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Anybody else find Home utterly boring and useless?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If Home was like a gamer lounge where you can stream media to your friends, and not having to pay for some features (like the namco space) then it would be something attractive.

I would be interested who of you are playing Home regular. I would say <0,01% of all people who are registered in PSN.

It could have been great, but they did it so bad and useless...

Home would have been a very nice replacement for the XMB if it was done well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderkik View Post
    It could have been great, but they did it so bad and useless...

Home would have been a very nice replacement for the XMB if it was done well.
    I agree with you, another thing that is useless is Life with Playstation, that thing could be great, be right now it's useless

Quote Originally Posted by oVERSoLDiER View Post
    I would be interested who of you are playing Home regular. I would say <0,01% of all people who are registered in PSN.
    You obviously have not been on Home for the past year. It's packed, tons of free mini-games and stuff to do and see.

Sony biggest fault was having a public beta too soon when there wasn't anything to do, and now that stigma (of boringness) sticks with people.

Not only is Home packed with people, but majority also have custom clothes and accessories so you know Sony is making a truck load of money, even with all the hate.

It may not be your cup of tea, but there is definitely a large enough market for it.

I fell in love with Home Its like a drug, sweet drug Personally I can spend hours every day to being here. Atmosphere is very attractive, tons of clothes and stuff, mini games are awesome. Almost all my PSN friends came from Home.

A tutorial about running PS Home on Debug consoles has been updated. Take a look here.
    Last edited by JailCenterKZ; 11-11-2010 at 05:47 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Sousanator View Post
    majority also have custom clothes and accessories so you know Sony is making a truck load of money, even with all the hate.
    That's the problem, there is a few shops to buy things but it all costs.

I'm not going to pay $15 for a stupid virtual shirt. I will buy a real shirt for that.

All it does is prove there are too many people with too much money and no life so they spend on virtual crap.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News