Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    But maybe the cables of the mice go to the psydo keyboard and that will be connected to the mini usb port of the wireless ps3 dualshock controller. Than it would work for maybe as good as every game and you still dont have a 1-2 meter cable connected to the console.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Cable from the Mouse goes to the keyboard bit, the cable from the keyboard goes to the PS3's USB slot. ATM it's priced at 89.99 for UK and $99.00 for US on pre-orders.

The reason it's different from using a regular keyboard and mouse is that only a handful of games support a regular keyboard and mouse (UT3 is the only one I know of even) and this has re-mappable buttons (probably via a PSN download or maybe through some PC software). There's still no word if the PS3 just detects it as a sixaxis/dualshock though so old games might still be out of the question without an update.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Actually, it's my understanding that only about 10% of the worlds population is left handed. So it would really make no sense for the company to make this "left handed". It would make better sense for a left handed person to learn how to use a right handed peripheral. It is also my understanding that this peripheral (and others like it) are fully customizable.

So you can map the keys to anywhere you want...

This is a ripoff! Don't get caught dead paying $100+ for this cheap piece of crap!

Look: amazon.com/Eagle-Mouse-Keyboard-Converter-Playstation-3/dp/B0040UAYI4

Seriously, they have had a converter for a long time now. You simply use the adapter (which costs like $50) and you can use a USB keyboard and mouse with any game you want. You can remap the standard controller buttons to the mouse/keyboard as you see fit.

So, if you guys already have a USB mouse and keyboard laying around, you only need 50 bucks to get up and running, and you will be able to use better hardware (better mouse and an actual full button layout keyboard).

That is only one example, there are other third party adapters and custom keyboards/mice that work with the PS3 and the FPS games on it. This is a very sad design by Sony and it's insanely overpriced for what you're getting in my opinion.
    Last edited by SwordOfWar; 10-16-2011 at 03:34 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by jesterking1 View Post
    Actually, it's my understanding that only about 10% of the worlds population is left handed. So it would really make no sense for the company to make this "left handed". It would make better sense for a left handed person to learn how to use a right handed peripheral. It is also my understanding that this peripheral (and others like it) are fully customizable. So you can map the keys to anywhere you want...
    and it's not just that the number of lefties is low they don't use mice left handed, like me.

nonsense, my 20 bucks genius wireless mouse and keyboard combo works perfectly, just plug into a usb port and voila, why paying five times more for a cutted keyboard and a crappy mouse!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OGroteKoning View Post
    Is $ony hard up for cash? The only way for them to make this stick, is for them to lock the USB ports and the Bluetooth radio so it will allow only $ony/PS3 products. It is highly unlikely (abd debateble) that their keyboard/mouse will be superior to existing gaming keyboards/mice out there - so why would anyone want to spend money on this? I would love to see reviews on this when it is released.
    Well - that would be the same situation like with official Sony headsets - both first bluetooth one as well as recently released stereo / surround one. There will be some additional support in FW I suppose (like on screen icons / status display etc.), official support of game developers etc. But - as with the headsets - the benefits is up to everyone to decide if they'll be worth the price tag. Also - as usually - Sony came with all this years after plenty of 3rd party products but on other hand there is always market for products like this as normal average Joes will see an "official" products and throw their wallet at the table ...

And finally - it's also question of design / ergonomics - I personally find the official Sony (BT) headset not only ugly, cheap made and overpriced but mainly very uncomfortable - comparing let's say to whole mid and high range Jabra headsets, which you can wear the whole day without even noticing them etc.

At least the new stereo headset (despite it's a bit controversary design) is much more comfortable to wear but still it's cheap plasticy gimmic more than proper headset and this blue LED on the end of the retractable mic boom? - meh! That mic will also not last long - again cheap product marketed at high price. It's a shame really - especially from Sony who make the whole range of not that bad audio products. But again - money is only at first place here, right?

So - bottom line - there will be demand for such product and - hopefully - for those, who can't play on console without "PC Controls" it would another step in the right direction.

It's all about the money and force the customers to updated to a new firmware - for their customer's security of course.

It's made by Hori, not Sony. That pretty much guarantees it'll be well made and Hori have never been a cheap brand.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News