Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PlayStation 3 Sales Jump Over 1000% on PS3 Slim Release

Sponsored Links
    Chart-Track has told GamesIndustry.biz (linked above) that sales of the PlayStation 3 have jumped over 999% in the past week, shifting eleven times the number of units sold the prior week.

As Sony introduced the new, slimmer SKU, and although Chart-Track does not reveal actual sales numbers, Dorian Bloch, director of the firm called the growth "a huge increase".

To quote: "The uplift on week 36 on week 35 is plus 999 per cent," revealed Bloch. "We don't give out the hardware numbers, but never-the-less it's a very large increase."

The boost in sales will be a pleasing early start to the Christmas season for Sony, which told GamesIndustry.bizlast month that it expected the redesign to pull in new consumers.

"I think what I've heard anecdotally is that this is the point people were waiting for - a redesigned model and, in Euros, a significant price reduction," said Andrew House, president of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. "That's people's cue to jump into the business."

PlayStation 3 Sales Jump Over 1000% on PS3 Slim Release

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Um.... With those numbers does that mean the PS3 is now the second best selling console of this generation? I have a feeling if that steam roller keeps going it may oust the Wii.

Sponsored Links

Big Grin

Sponsored Links
    it's a bit silly to compare a week where everyone was not buying and waiting for a new product to the week where the product comes out.

Arrow

Maybe people are interested with its shape, and maybe they think that an iso loader will come for the slim only.. And maybe not

I just hope that these numbers stay consistent. The ps3 needs new players!

According to vgcharts, the PS3 slim has sold 500k units worldwide (may be significantly higher). The slim is definitely selling well, but, as jinque has pointed out, retailers didn't have any PS3s to sell the prior week (and everyone was anticipating the slim).

Hope they put up similar headlines when the ps3 gets hacked. "Ps3 sales jump 1 million percent after first cfw released"

Wink

I have a launch 60GB model and i'll definately buy a slimmer one who knows which one is hacked first fat or slim.
    Last edited by Pcsx2006; 09-07-2009 at 10:26 PM

Nice! Three thumbs up for the increased ps3 sales! More sales equals to more money to the game developing industry. More money equals to more exclusives and more investments which equals to better games for the ps3!

Damn..

I still remember the days when 100% was all it could go to. haha

Anyways, The impact of the Price cut really paid off. Before price was an issue, but now that you can get a redesigned ps3(everything being the same) at a lower price like the competitors, you just have to choose the ps3. Look for more people on the PSN, its increasing lol

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News