Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Playstation 3 release date and prices thread

Sponsored Links
    CNN via CNN Live Today
    -----
    Website Reference: [Register or Login to view links]

CNN announced today that the PS3 would be priced at 2 prices that varied depending on the size of the HD. On November 17 it will be released with a 20GB HD for 499$ and a 60GB Drive for 599$.

XBox 360 will probably dominate the market again.

-----------------------
    I reserved mine at a price of 500$ so ill probably stick with the 20GB drive.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Heres an image of the PS3 Controller
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

Ps3controller.jpg  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I wish they made softer buttons when I play a game that requires losts of pressure sensetive button or like NFS when I have to run from the cops for a while my hands hurt ill have to but a custom one. I like the idea though stick with what works.

If it ain't broke don't fix it I guess (controller). But whats with the tiny hard drives? I got a 200 gig for my PC for 39$ a few days ago, why is it 100$ more for a measly 60 gig?

Now to see if I can get some E3 footage playing on my xbox.
    Last edited by Kraken; 05-09-2006 at 10:38 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken
    If it ain't broke don't fix it I guess (controller). But whats with the tiny hard drives? I got a 200 gig for my PC for 39$ a few days ago, why is it 100$ more for a measly 60 gig?

Now to see if I can get some E3 footage playing on my xbox.
    The high end PS3 is not 100$ more because of the HD, its because it has memory stick slots, psp support, HDMI port and I think there are some more differences.

because kraken you got yours with mail in rebates didnt you :P

Im gonna have to get the expensive one with the 60gig drive and wifi after reading that the basic version isnt upgradeable!! I think that sucks big time!

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken
    But whats with the tiny hard drives? I got a 200 gig for my PC for 39$ a few days ago, why is it 100$ more for a measly 60 gig?
    Both XB360 and PS3 utilize laptop 3.5'' HDDs (obviously to conserve space), which unfortunately sell at a WAY higher price than your average desktop HDD. They are also slower (most 3.5'' HDDs are 5400RPM)...

Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett
    Both XB360 and PS3 utilize laptop 3.5'' HDDs (obviously to conserve space), which unfortunately sell at a WAY higher price than your average desktop HDD. They are also slower (most 3.5'' HDDs are 5400RPM)...
    I thought the drives they were using are 2.5". I'm in such a conundrum on wheather or not to buy the PS3.

I would like a link to the PS3 differences (between the 20 and 60 gig versions). Personally if the cheaper lacks PSP support, HDMI and memory stick slots then I dont care because I have no PSP, cant afford a HD-TV and dont have a memory stick.

Now the question is, whats the HDD space for. I assume not for running games off of images (atleast yet...) I would like to think its for downloads like maps, characters, saves, skins and perhaps even game patches... maybe movies and music also. Is it worth spending the 100$ for a lousy 40GB???

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News