Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

stop whining

the only reason people wine about ps3 is because they cant afford to buy a ps3 nor sustain a ps3 console, i had to save to buy mine, but also two other friends where doing the same, now we all have our black lady wit MGS, and each one have at least 9 games, so i can chose what to play from a list of 27 games. fanboys stop whining and make smart decisions, start saving.

im using my ps3 for almost any digital entertaining: play games, watch movies (BD and DVD), im also streaming media, 1080p mkvs play smoothly. i began playing on a 29 inch crt (i know, i was saving for the ps3) but now i got a 50 inch fullhd plasma and an outstanding 7.1 home teather, so you can imagine how my games look and sound.

so dont blame the recession, i dont live in the states, japan or europe, im in the others (seen vgcharts), my country doesnt even have PSN (i have to cheat the system to play on line), so here a ps3 worth much more than you can even imagine, but i got it, so guys you can have it to.

oh, and i bought my ps3 just because its the most powerfull entertaining machine ever.

I agree, with the recession most people couldn't afford a PS3 but even so, lot of people are buying the console at it's current price and thousands more expect a price cut to make the jump.

The 360 is a fine console but for me the Ps3 has the best exclusives, the haters say that it has no games but I currently own 23 games and most of them are AAA titles.

The 360 is showing it's years and the true gamers are now considering a second console, with the price cut or the rumored PS3 slim I am sure that it will match or even surpass 360 sales.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Interesting indeed... this ought to shut some of the fanboys up, eh? Probably not though.

Also, offtopic but it's nice to see that article images are now clickable here in the Forum to make them larger... good work CJPC!
    You bet it will or make them madder.. hehe.. and nice job on the pic clicking enlarging CJPC.
    Last edited by Starlight; 07-21-2009 at 12:47 AM

couldn't live without my playstation and just like the other posters stated is that there are plenty of great titles released for the PS3. I don't own a 360 and probably never will, just could never get used to that huge controller they have.

interesting...

I'm from Brazil, and that means all my sources are from Brazil, like some sites... i've used the PS3 as Blu-ray player a couple of times and i have to say that the quality video is perfect!

I don't think that Sony's PS3 is going bad, but i have to say that i expected more of Sony's... i guess that Sony will learn from Mistakes that Sony did and create a revolutionary Console in the next generation of consoles... You know, in Brazil the Piracy is BIG!!

Many Xbox 360s in Brazil are pirates... and you can buy the game for 20 reais(something close to U$ 10)
    i think the Piracy increases the sales of Xbox all over the world in the third world countrys and in Transition countrys like Brazil, argentina and China...

but i'd never regret buying the PS3, because i know its worth it! the exclusive games are bigger tha Xbox's... the Great Majority of Xbox games are, as well, PC games! We have Killzone 2, Infamous, Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid! and some other great games!
    Well i gues that you could see what's my point...

"80 GB PS3s currently cost about $400, which means that Sony is now only losing $50 per PS3."

Sony is losing a lot more than $50 per console. Don't think for a second that retailers are paying $400 for them. My past experience in retail says that retailers pay Sony between $200 to $300 per console. Mark up is usually 50 to 100%.

You know.. if you would compare the Gamecube and the original Xbox with Sonys first consoles PSone and PS2 I'm positive that would put Sony ahead of Xbox by a lot.

Let's not forget that the PS2 has sold 136 million worldwide as of December 2008 and the PSOne sold 102 million units as of July 2008.

Xbox sold 24 million units and Xbox 2 sold 30.2 million and if you even add the Gamecube which sold 21.74 million units still puts Sony ahead with a LOT more units sold.

There's no way that the PS3 won't get in front of the Xbox 360 or Wii for that matter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12