Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Firmware Update 3.01 is Now Available

Sponsored Links
    Sony's Director of PlayStation Network Operations Eric Lempel has announced that PlayStation 3 Firmware update 3.01 is now available (not a mandatory update) and fixes the reported 3.00 update issues, as follows:

Hi everyone, PS3 system software update 3.01 is now available for download. This is an optional update that improves system stability during use of some PlayStation 3 format software.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

After playing through some of Uncharted and clearing a previous freezing point, the game is running smoothly again. Do be sure to check any of your own titles that you had a problem with and see if they are running fine. Other than that, it looks like Sony fixed the 3.00 issues.

To quote Eric Lempel's PS Blog reply on the changes: "Yes, this will fix the issues that some users have experienced with Uncharted: Drake's Fortune."

PS3 Firmware Update 3.01 is Now Available

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Very cool news indeed, and +Rep for the submission Takavach!

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

Gray boxes??

Sponsored Links
    What about those gray boxes?!?!

thank goodness i was about to give up hope. thanks for the update

thanks for the details about all the fixes included.

I was hoping for .mkv support to be included, but I'll have to wait a little longer.

It should not be too long now, as Samsung have already included it in their new BD Players.

Awesome, updating now. I can only dream this fixes the ugly grey boxes

I know it doesn't, but I can dream right?

sweet - finally i proof my PS3 Update Checker is working again.
    shameless plug i know, but hey

thanks for the details, its good to see sony are fixing the bugs quickly im updating now.

How about fixing the vanishing text?

Great to hear the Uncharted bug was fixed ...

... but what about the fading text when looking through your video and music libraries? It's not really a bug, but it's really really annoying that you have to keep moving the cursor just so the text doesn't vanish.

I'm all for advances in the interface. However, Sony needs to think of adding customization options to the settings menu for things like text and gray boxes, etc any time they decide to make these changes. How hard would it be to put in a simple option to "Enable/Disable Fading Text" ?? It was obviously easy enough to simply turn on the fading feature.

And a little nit-pick ... I am one of the users who liked the Playstation chime when you started a game. It's like an audible brand identifier similar to the Ta-Da of Windows or the unique ringtones of the Nextel/Cisco phones.

Just a little user choice over these basic options would go a long way in the user community. Everyone I know always customizes or mods their computers to their unique styles. Sony should open these things up a little bit more to allow users to create their unique system look.

... and now I digress.
    Last edited by zentsang; 09-15-2009 at 11:16 AM Reason: grammatical error fix.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News