Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PlayStation 3 Firmware Update 2.70 is Now Available!

Sponsored Links
    Earlier today Sony confirmed PS3 Firmware 2.70 Update's features.

Now, PS3 Firmware 2.70 is officially available for download!

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

If you haven't tried them yet, give PS3 Update Checker v1.4 (Firmware Auto-Downloader) or Alternate PS3 Update Checker v2 a try to grab this PS3 Firmware Update.

Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below guys!

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Last edited by idone; 04-02-2009 at 11:21 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That was actually a pretty quick transition from announcement to the update being available.

Did anyone catch the updates from either of the Auto-Firmware Downloaders?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    LOL at the update i think it suxs but when you go to do the ingame chat thing do you notice how voice chat is ghosted that makes me think it will be available real soon because if it wasnt going to be they would of left that option out so people didnt speculate.

I want Sony to burn after this. For those who don't have it you can chat in game. However you have to have XMB OPEN! to do it. SCREW YOU SONY!

Now that I have vented my frustration. I am pissed. I want voice chat!

Anyway I really don't understand this, Anyone want to chat with me add me PSN:Cyan_Caze.

PS: I don't want Sony to burn. But now I'm disappointed.
    Last edited by CyanCaze; 04-02-2009 at 12:04 AM

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by CyanCaze View Post
    I want Sony to burn after this. For those who don't have it you can chat in game. However you have to have XMB OPEN! to do it. SCREW YOU SONY!

Now that I have vented my frustration. I am pissed. I want voice chat!
    I totally agree with you. This is udder bs! I have been waiting months for this one stupid update because I was under the assumption that Sony finally was going to give the Xbox a run for its money...They have done the exact opposite. What a waste of a download. I think I am really going on the playstation site to give them a piece of my mind. Thats all I wanted was to voice chat ingame and as above members have mentioned it is NOT there. I am absolutely on fire over this. Thats all I wanted was freaking voice chat and they can't deliver something that simple?!

I hope all those involved in the making of this 'update' lose their jobs like the rest of us. This was the only thing I was looking forward to to ease the blow of the economy and my unemployment and I didn't get it. This is complete trash and the update is a waste of server space. who the hell wants to instant message while playing a game?! RETARDS YOU ONCE AGAIN FAILED! Sony, watch out you will be hearing from me very, VERY SOON!

What's wrong with you people? It's just another update, there will be plenty of updates and when I look back one year ago and compare what I had with now, I'm really impressed with what sony did, so many great improvements, it's going slowly maybe, but it's going somewhere! Be patient and stop being ungrateful!

Thanks Sony for keeping your support for the ps3!

Quote Originally Posted by kakarotoks View Post
    What's wrong with you people? It's just another update, there will be plenty of updates and when I look back one year ago and compare what I had with now, I'm really impressed with what sony did, so many great improvements, it's going slowly maybe, but it's going somewhere! Be patient and stop being ungrateful!

Thanks Sony for keeping your support for the ps3!
    Sorry my friend. But I dropped $500 on this beast, and so far it's features are BEHIND it's top competitor.

It makes me mad when i pay a premium and get less.

PS: Sony is ahead of Microsoft in hardware. But their software is just ages behind. I'm so mad I can't stand it!

Man i was so anticipating this release now that i see wow TEXT CHAT? seriously? dude thats just f ing screwed up like we need more texting on our ps3s now. And for those that say why don't we wait patiently we'll get it soon. Well its been awhile now and for a company that say they focusing more on networking more than their competitors and we still cant talk to each other yet? Another PR BS.
    Last edited by knightkyun; 04-02-2009 at 12:58 AM

Quote Originally Posted by CyanCaze View Post
    Sorry my friend. But I dropped $500 on this beast, and so far it's features are BEHIND it's top competitor.

It makes me mad when i pay a premium and get less.

PS: Sony is ahead of Microsoft in hardware. But their software is just ages behind. I'm so mad I can't stand it!
    software has room for improvment. hardware? well , no you're stuck with it. some at some point posted an article comparing sony with other things. for the price and the feature set. PS3 is the cheapest periode. and as KAkarotoKS said .. it's improving slowly may be but surely.

do not forget also that THE competitor you're refering to has 2 years advance.

Arrow

For anyone interested, I posted the FULL 2.7 changelog here: http://www.ps3news.com/playstation-3...now-available/

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News