Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Just a question ... if you had access to a easy to do ps3 ISO loader... would you make it public?? knowing that probably it will kill the PS3 in it's infancy? (NOTE THE EASY TO DO PART)

I know that at least I would put a lot of thought into that...

On the other hand, if a modchip solution is available or something that is just slightly more complicated than a "insert a file and go" solution I would make it public in one second...

Why? would you ask? because, probably people don't realize this but some people have honor, and from time to time, it's worth it for a big company to give more for less just to get hackers on their good side...

Yeah, I know that it sounds like a conspiracy theory but probably this is what SONY did when they allowed OTHEROS LINUX, made PSN free, allowed the HDD to be easily changeable etc... Have you ever thinked that the PS3 MAYBE, just MAYBE, is ALREADY hacked??!?! Maybe on an older firmware, maybe not stable enough, maybe, just maybe?!?!

NOTE: I expect a lot of negative reviews from this post ... But i'm gonna try to make it a bit clearer in a elaborate post later so just hold your horses till then!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by mihaiolimpiu View Post
    Have you ever thinked that the PS3 MAYBE, just MAYBE, is ALREADY hacked??!?! Maybe on an older firmware, maybe not stable enough, maybe, just maybe?!?!

NOTE: I expect a lot of negative reviews from this post ... But i'm gonna try to make it a bit clearer in a elaborate post later so just hold your horses till then!
    I second that and believe it whole heartedly..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    -,_-, i think or atleast feel the MAIN reason we have so much piracy esp now a days is the number of remakes/"retro games" that their just reselling... there are other big things that push this, like nintendo's wiiware which gets next to zero attention and most people dont know shit about what the games are or anything so people take them to find out more... but back to what i was saying at the start about remakes LOOK at most of the psp titles their just remakes =\

i swear ANYTHING really worth playing is a remake xD so i think that fuels it more than anything now a days

now on topic... my PERSONALY theory on why we dont have a PS3 iso loader, is a bit of what star said about it being so much no one wants to chance it which i believe is true! but thats not the main reason... since a LOT of the ps3 games are ports of the 360 or are on both systems *dont flame me but a lot of what people play are on both* so since the 360 is allready hacked, and has most of the same games not many people are bothering to hack the ps3 at least how i see it x.x

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Looking at the sales of the current-gen consoles I'm amazed Sony is doing this good without piracy..

Quote Originally Posted by tuomi View Post
    Looking at the sales of the current-gen consoles I'm amazed Sony is doing this good without piracy..
    Sony would be doing much worse if the PS3 was hacked and piracy was widespread, why do people think that piracy helps a platform.

Sony still make a loss on hardware sold and make a profit from licensing etc, so every game sale lost is bad news, luckily Sony have done well this generation and the PS3 will probably be fully opened when they are making a profit from the PS3 hardware or there is a less costly way of manufacturing them/a new build.

I think if we did have a PS3 iso loader we would lost interests in the PS3. How often has someone had access to unlimited game, NDS, XbOX, Wii, and never really play the game all the way through since there a bunch of other game available. We always play the game we pay for because we pay for them. If it possible to play another game free, you are going to cycle through 20 games and not come back to the one game you paid for.

C4E (xbox 360 drive hacker) has stated before that the PS3 could be hacked in the same way, that the only thing holding them back is the prohibitive cost of the BD burners/discs.

I actually think the firmware hack has helped MS sell more consoles which means selling more live subs/marketplace guff.

Anyone agree?

Quote Originally Posted by thesonandheir View Post
    C4E (xbox 360 drive hacker) has stated before that the PS3 could be hacked in the same way, that the only thing holding them back is the prohibitive cost of the BD burners/discs.

I actually think the firmware hack has helped MS sell more consoles which means selling more live subs/marketplace guff.

Anyone agree?
    works well for Nintendo =P the 2nd most pirated Wii game was also the top selling wii game xD, etc but a ton of them sold just because they could be hacked =P

Quote Originally Posted by thesonandheir View Post

Anyone agree?
    Well, two fold - for starters, you're quite incorrect. C4E was working with us, and after we actually got a firmware dump, the tune changed quite a bit. Each flash dump was encrypted, not to mention per drive lockdowns etc.

Sure, if the Flash was decrypted (and we found a way to re-encrypt it), then something along those lines may work - but since it IS encrypted, and we can't encrypt it, let alone decrypt it, it won't happen.

Sony has done an excellent job with the security but the point remains piracy has made the ps2 the top selling game console around the world and sold more consoles and continues to sell more consoles than almost anybody else.

especially in some of the poorer countries in africa, china and russia and plus all the awesome homebrew for ps2..

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News